Notices
Formula

New Look for the Old Girl

Old 09-22-2005, 12:22 PM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Look for the Old Girl

looks good!!! are the side panels screwed on or are they glued on? I like the all white, my boat is that off white light gray color, how do you think all white pad would look with that or should I stick with the stock burgandy, black, white and gray. hopefully redoing my pad this winter or spring, how do you think it goes with the rest of the interior being color?
Old 09-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wantsa311
We cover it up with a big towel on party days and it has stayed fairly clean. I never let anything get real dirty so it won't be hard to keep up.
Mine's had a Formula towel on the back seat since it was redone 5 years ago. Only knees are allowed on the engine hatch.
What I'd like to do this wiinter is get some white terry cloth and make a custom cover for the seat bottom with elastic around it to hold it in place , then get FORMULA embroidered it it .

Last edited by mopower; 09-22-2005 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
Russ, if you do yours, do it all in Teal.

Hmmmm, wonder why I never thought of that....

Maybe I should just buy five gallons of teal Imron and paint the whole boat, inside and out, including the trailer and tires.
Then I could shoot myself with a teal bullet....
Old 09-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 88formula223
looks good!!! are the side panels screwed on or are they glued on? I like the all white, my boat is that off white light gray color, how do you think all white pad would look with that or should I stick with the stock burgandy, black, white and gray. hopefully redoing my pad this winter or spring, how do you think it goes with the rest of the interior being color?
The original setup had seven seperate colored pieces on each side and each one had at least two bolts thru the fiberglass with a big washer and nut on the back. They were a bioch to get off and I used a grand total of eight bolts on each side for the new design.

If I had the gray interior I don't think I would do white on the sunpad. How 'bout doing the sunpad in gray - one solid color to match what you have inside? I looked at several boats before I bought mine and some had the gray interior. At first I didn't even realize it wasn't white but if there was an all white sunpad next to the gray I think it would stck out.

My goal was to get rid of the colors (especially the black) on the sun pad because it got way too hot in the sun. I was very anal about getting the correct vinyl so the grain and color would match. I think it goes well with the boat.
Attached Thumbnails New Look for the Old Girl-p1020075.jpg   New Look for the Old Girl-p1020076.jpg  
Old 09-24-2005, 01:55 PM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

Thanks For The Info