Headliner problem/question

Notices
Formula

Headliner problem/question

Old 11-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Try this

Did mine the past Spring. Google "Gary's Upholstery", I sent them A two inch piece an they matched it perfectly. Best price I could find.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Registered

2001 382, headliner is falling in several places. Not looking forward to the job.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by C_Spray
This is a supplier problem that did not surface (in most cases) until the boats were well out of warranty. Formula switched suppliers as soon as they became aware that it was not just isolated cases. They are sympathetic to us owners, but I don't expect them to cover a problem that did not occur (in my case) until the boat was nine years old. The TAG department at Formula gave me the specs to order the material (Item Number 9035 SF FABRIC U-L HP PLAT#5665 w/foam) and the correct adhesive, or you can shop the job locally. While I like the material that was used, I would also like to look at some options to customize mine when it gets re-done, very likely this winter.
Chuck.....you used a different material from stock?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nort - I ordered the "new" version of the material from Formula. Even side-by-side, you can't tell the difference from the original material.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Registered

Is this a Formula part? Isn't this available somewhere else?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:57 AM
Registered

I replaced the headliner on my 1998 382 Formula. I am a skilled person and this is one tuff job. Make sure you use the correct adheive that will take the heat. Buy a electric stapler and use stainless staples.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Is this a Formula part? Isn't this available somewhere else?
Scott Smith can provide you with the manufacturer, or you can source something locally. Given the history of this topic, I assumed that Formula had been pretty thorough about selecting a replacement product, and the price was pretty reasonable.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Registered

Its too bad Formula doesn't step up here a little.. I have same issues starting to happen and mine has been kept under roof except when in use. My company uses polyurethane foam in walk-in coolers that are in extreem conditions from heat to freezing and I have yet to see one break down in 25 years.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys, I also just went through this on my 99. Formula sent me the instructions on how to do it but I did not want to tackle this job on my own, so I found a guy in Columbia MO, to do it and it looks great now! He did not use the original material and says it should never fall down again. He had never done a 382 before and said it was a very tuff job, so I am glad I did not try it myself, but very expensive. Good luck to everyone that has to get this done, I'm glad my bird is back in the garage, and looking good again.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dave krehbiel
Hey guys, I also just went through this on my 99. Formula sent me the instructions on how to do it but I did not want to tackle this job on my own, so I found a guy in Columbia MO, to do it and it looks great now! He did not use the original material and says it should never fall down again. He had never done a 382 before and said it was a very tuff job, so I am glad I did not try it myself, but very expensive. Good luck to everyone that has to get this done, I'm glad my bird is back in the garage, and looking good again.
What' the cost to have it done?

Quick Reply: Headliner problem/question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.