Headliner problem/question

Notices
Formula

Headliner problem/question

Old 01-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
My point exactly ,,,manufactured do switch products/materials over the years,,19 years ago they used a better product..

one of you formula guys should call the company and ask them if they are using the same headliner material as they did back in 2000,,I would bet not....
So what ? It is what it is. The boats are 15 years old. Your not in the same shape that you were 15 yrs ago either. If they are using something different buy a new one, problem solved.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 244 Likes on 121 Posts

It's just a discussion no reason for you get all worked up...

The boats are now 15 years old I understand that. .but when this thread started the boats were only 5 maybe 6 years old...formula did not step up back then so I would not expect them too now...

Fix your boat yourself and move on
Old 01-09-2015, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Its not about how old the boat is, its more about the fact that the manufacturer used a process which involved materials that were completely incompatible. I can guarantee you that they changed what they are using based on the first boat they saw with this issue. Im not saying they should foot the entire bill, but i think free materials would be a nice nod and would make this thread less of a PR situation for Formula. Regardless, i paid the $600 in materials and they did give me a break on the price. I love my formula and think it is a well built boat, but they made a mistake here.

FYI it has nothing to do with heat or moisture, its a glue-foam compatibility problem.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 244 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by poulsen11@yahoo.
Its not about how old the boat is, its more about the fact that the manufacturer used a process which involved materials that were completely incompatible. I can guarantee you that they changed what they are using based on the first boat they saw with this issue. Im not saying they should foot the entire bill, but i think free materials would be a nice nod and would make this thread less of a PR situation for Formula. Regardless, i paid the $600 in materials and they did give me a break on the price. I love my formula and think it is a well built boat, but they made a mistake here.

FYI it has nothing to do with heat or moisture, its a glue-foam compatibility problem.
that was the point I was trying to make...Thanks..
Old 02-12-2015, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just pulled mine out today. Wish Id seen this thread before that. Some of the vinyl on the head cabinet ripped off so 1 more thing to fix. So Im guessing mine was redone at some point. Its a fabric instead of the ultra leather or vinyl. Are there any updates on buying a good foam and whatever a good headliner is. I thought of just going to Joe Ann fabrics. Id like to do the upper side sections as well. They used crazy ugly colors
Old 03-21-2015, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Call formula to get fabric. Do not use anything else. Trust me you do not want to replace this thing twice. It is a difficult job.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ended up getting vinyl from Formula. Installing soon. Ordered the glue a few days ago.
Has anyone redone the sides. Id like to but not sure how to get the existing fabric out from behind the sink and stereo cabinet and the new back in.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:40 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More work....[ATTACH=CONFIG]542167[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Headliner problem/question-fullsizerender-3-.jpg