Notices
Formula

Headliner problem/question

Old 08-31-2006, 08:24 PM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Headliner problem/question

Nothing yet and the way it has been handled thus far I doubt Formula will even respond. I have been greatly disappointed with Formula and in the way I was brushed off. I really gave them more credit than that, I guess to much. They could have provided some options for me to work with.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Registered

I have read the all of the above resonses and wonder what other boat company has a lifetime unlimited warranty on interior headliners. The first question I would have asked is where the boat came from, Florida ,Huh well wonder if the 98.6 humidity and 6 years of baking sun had anything to do with this problem. You got a great boat, call Formula and order the headliner kit invite the guys over for a work party.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:45 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Originally Posted by selpel
I have read the all of the above resonses and wonder what other boat company has a lifetime unlimited warranty on interior headliners. The first question I would have asked is where the boat came from, Florida ,Huh well wonder if the 98.6 humidity and 6 years of baking sun had anything to do with this problem. You got a great boat, call Formula and order the headliner kit invite the guys over for a work party.
So you say, all Formula boats out of Florida after five years should have this acceptable problem? I don't think so, not at the prices of these boats and or the quality that Formula boats are supposed to have.
So how many Fastechs have you replaced headliners in and what is a headliner kit? Formula never informed me of a Kit??
Old 09-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Registered

NO! What I said is that in a used boat you have no way of knowing how it was stored season to season. Was it put away wet at some point? Did someone leave a side port hole open to the elements? There are a number of situations that may have happen and as a second owner you may not have the full store. I am willing to bet if you contact Formula tech service and ask about the material you will need to repair this problem they can cut and prep all the pieces you will need. And yes we have replaced a sagging headliner with parts from the factory.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by selpel
NO! What I said is that in a used boat you have no way of knowing how it was stored season to season. Was it put away wet at some point? Did someone leave a side port hole open to the elements? There are a number of situations that may have happen and as a second owner you may not have the full store. I am willing to bet if you contact Formula tech service and ask about the material you will need to repair this problem they can cut and prep all the pieces you will need. And yes we have replaced a sagging headliner with parts from the factory.
To let you know the sagging headliners we replaced were caused by the owners NOT take care of their boats. Not because of faulty headliner material!
Old 09-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Registered

Spoke with my parts dept. today and they can get 90sq.ft. of headliner for around $8.69 per sq.ft= $782.10 plus shipping. This is the amount to completely replace your headliner. You will have to clean your panels before installing new material. It will also come in a roll and you will have to cut to fit.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Registered

Is the headliner material at fault, or the foam, or a glue agent that holds the two together?
Old 11-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Registered

most likely the glue . the adhesive can fail if under extreme heat and moisture. kind of like laminate counter top glue if you have a dishwasher that creates extreme heat and moisture the glue will fail and you will get a bubble that will form . The glue for counter tops and uppolstry are very simular and both react the same . you can buy this glue in spray cans at your local hardware store. another issue can be that the manufacturer did not applie enough glue or too much. so be generous with the glue but not to much where it looks like you blew snot on the material. the material is also available through a place called milliken. i believe this is who formula uses .
Old 11-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How can an owner missuse a headliner?? Temperture should not make a difference .. It should not fall down under any circumstance except flooding.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sneekinfreek
most likely the glue . the adhesive can fail if under extreme heat and moisture. kind of like laminate counter top glue if you have a dishwasher that creates extreme heat and moisture the glue will fail and you will get a bubble that will form . The glue for counter tops and uppolstry are very simular and both react the same . you can buy this glue in spray cans at your local hardware store. another issue can be that the manufacturer did not applie enough glue or too much. so be generous with the glue but not to much where it looks like you blew snot on the material. the material is also available through a place called milliken. i believe this is who formula uses .
I tried a search on milliken and couldnt fine any info on marine uses. Wonder if maybe you had a web address. Thanks mark

Quick Reply: Headliner problem/question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.