Notices
Formula

Headliner problem/question

Old 08-07-2009, 10:22 PM
rjr
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

99 382
It gets worse every winter, black crumbs indicate foam deterioration. Almost every 382 I have looked at has the problem. Would be interesting to know if this is a cold weather problem or is climate wide.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Headliner giving me a headache!

Jenks,

On a scale of 1-10 how hard was it to remove and replace the panels? I can get the upholstery work done if I can get the panels out.

Thanks Mike
Old 08-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Registered

with some hard work it took me about 4 hrs to get it out. Much harder going back in. Mark
Old 08-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ninetym
with some hard work it took me about 4 hrs to get it out. Much harder going back in. Mark
Yup !!!!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 1997 312 with the same problem is Formula even talking to any one about this???
Old 08-14-2009, 10:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

easy. really. me and my wife did it in a week end.wes
pm me and I'll will give you my number.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:36 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a supplier problem that did not surface (in most cases) until the boats were well out of warranty. Formula switched suppliers as soon as they became aware that it was not just isolated cases. They are sympathetic to us owners, but I don't expect them to cover a problem that did not occur (in my case) until the boat was nine years old. The TAG department at Formula gave me the specs to order the material (Item Number 9035 SF FABRIC U-L HP PLAT#5665 w/foam) and the correct adhesive, or you can shop the job locally. While I like the material that was used, I would also like to look at some options to customize mine when it gets re-done, very likely this winter.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

Does this happen to all of them? Mine is showing no indication of coming down at all. Were they all made of the same material or could mine be different? With all the motor problems I had with mine this year I would hate to start having interior problems.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:24 PM
rjr
Registered

Dave K .... I, being from Connecticut, I think it's cold weather causing deteriation. Doesn't Iowa get pretty cold too. Being a small business man who's sales are off 30% this year I am not surprised that Formula is reluctant to put themselves out of business responding to all the headliner problems. I would guess that they figure a few pissed off customers is better than unemployment. My surprise is that they are trying to profit from our problems. How much was the headliner material$

A bigger surprise is that a lawyer hasn't chimed in looking for a class action
Old 08-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Registered

We have a 2005 Formula 37 PC that has a sagging headliner, it is sagging in numerous places. Boat was put into service in April 2006, and has only been used this season for about 6 weeks. So with less than 4 seasons of use, this should not be happening. Fresh water boat, still smells brand new in the cabin, but yet the headliner is falling down. I contacted Formula, so far they have said they will not repair this under any warranty. I would expect that level of service with a Bayliner. But come to think of it, I have never seen a Bayliner with a sagging headliner!!!!!!

Where's the quality and the customer service? I am still hoping Formula will agree to at least help me fix this!

Quick Reply: Headliner problem/question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.