Notices
Formula

Need to Vent

Old 07-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Need to Vent

I don't understand why people have to act that way.
This guy comes in several times, obviously just tire kicking, is treated fairly, and then goes off in a tantrum.
I would have stopped him and ask what he was up to. When I see people doing similar stunts I can tell they're up to no good. Snooping, sniffing, around for some reason. At that point I'd ask him politely to leave the premises and not to return.

You did the right thing under the circumstances.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robert,

Don't lose any sleep over this guy. You are a very valuable resource to Formula owners everywhere and I am glad to continue to do business with you.

Chris
Old 07-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't understand, I am really not that bad of a guy and you should not have hung up on me and talked to me that way
Old 07-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone is entitled to get mad Once in their life Robert! He lost out.....No Formula boat and no pulled pork either
Old 07-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Registered

As the saying goes "those who say they love dealing with the public, have never dealt witn the public".

It would seem from the OSO forms you are doing a great job...........don't let one jerk ruin your day.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

One jerk won't ruin my day,had an interesting thing happen Friday. We had recently sold a really nice 1989 311 that was traded in on a new 353.Very clean boat, and I sold it locally. New owner decided to freshen up the engines and when his shop pulled them out they found completely rotten stringers. I paid to have them replaced as I had not expected this on such a nice boat. Friday the original owner called me with a question on his 353 and in conversation asked how does the owner like my old 311? Couldn't lie to him,told him about the rotten stringers. He could not believe it,he had bought the boat new,how could that happen? I explained that it's a 17 year old boat,things happen. Then he offered to reimburse me for my expense on the stringers,as he had no idea of a problem. I refused,but his offer to do that meant more to me than the $2800 I spent. Just as there are honest dealers,there are honest customers,and it gave me a good feeling.My customers are the best Makes it all worthwhile. Robert
Old 07-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Rob,

There;s a bad apple in every barrell.

You know you are fair, thats why you felt the need to vent on here. That guy must have issues & im sure you are not the only one being treated unjustly by him.

Look forward to doing business with you again in the future.

Jon.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Robert, You can't please them all, And the people that know you know what type of person you are, Obviously this guy was just a tire kicker trying to bust your chops, So you handle it the right way, he would have never bought a boat, you usually can tell what type of a person somebody is by the way they conduct themselves. Sounds to me that he had a severe case of a disease that we refer to people like this called Jacka@@itis, It can be very contagious and spreads quickly.....
Old 07-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Registered

Some customers are just too expensive to have! I would have told him the same thing. The first time they are in I'll show them everything and spend some time letting them know what i'm all about. The next time they come to tire kick , they can look around all they like but I won't try too hard to sell or push them into something. Some peeps think I don't want to sell them something , some like the no pressure sale. This guy is just busting your stones to see how far you will bend over. If you sell him anything you might as well marry him cause he will never be happy unless he is the only customer you have! Don't let him get to you!
Old 07-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Registered

I do not know if Formula even reads those letters. They are a great company but I sent them a "RANK" letter regarding Darryl Moore and this sale of my 05 382. They did not respond to me so do not sweat it.