Formula

353 Performance numbers

Old 10-25-2006, 10:33 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 353 Performance numbers

Originally Posted by Rippem
If indeed you're making yet another ambiguous referral to me, nice try...
A little vain maybe? It's not ALL about just YOU.

... fair-haired birdie sang in my ear unsolicited, more than once, about just why you "had to have one".
My boat and why I bought it? A little confused here. We wanted more room and a better ride. I got what I felt at the time was a great deal and was able to pedal the 303. Passed up many 382's for the 353 because I liked it better.

The other side of that coin is this. If anybody is stupid enough to believe that I miss the expense, downtime, and straight plain pain in the azz of modifying boat power...
I never insinuated this at all

... I asked Mrs. axa out for a boat ride on two occasions while you were down. Being the thoughtful woman that she is, she declined, I'm sure on the basis of knowing that would be adding significant insult to your (boats') injury.
Thank you!

hmmm....that's a humble new position. You were talking all smack and full of attitude in the "other thread" Where'd that go anyway? I was just picking up the ribbing where it left off when the other thread "disappeared". It's good natured, why is it so much more piercing to you, than me having my balls busted for "tidyness"?.
Referring to oil pump pick ups here. I'll still talk smack about the engines performance ANYTIME...There comes a point in every threads life that it MUST end. Pure DISRESPECT for my efforts and my boat. It NEEDED to end. I think you should think about who busts your ballz the most before pinning that one on me.

as in you seem to want to exclude "some" from "MOST" exclude me from the exclusion "some" and include me in "MOST"...
Understood, that's why I stated MOST...

... We may annoy each other though we'll be enjoying each other's company again this next year...unless of course I close the deal on this cottage...winter estate sale, you know... 30% off wholesale...
Annoy each other? I wouldn’t say that is true. Two completely different personalities maybe, but annoy is pretty strong, unless it is one sided?!? We didn’t spend enough time near each other this year for that to happen. Good luck with the sale and purchase.

Dave
Old 10-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Having spent the last several hours making temporary repairs to the aging plumbing in my brothers building, thank God for duct tape, all I can say is "WTF" happened here ?

As Chairman of the Boathouse BB Club I need to state to you that this is not in keeping with the spirit of the thread we have so handily taken over. For years now I have managed to tear up more parts than the combined efforts of all the rest of you (Lord High Commander possibly excluded ). He!! several years ago on Memorial Weekend I trashed a drive, replaced it with a new one, relaunched, 15 mins run time and trashed the other, then hit a shoal while limping back to the marina and trashed the lower on the new out of the box and only working drive I had left. Top of the Dumb Arse list for me.

Lighten up a little here, if you can't laugh at your own chit whose chit can you you laugh at. Sunday afternoon Jake, aka Cooter, and I were looking at the slop I drained out of the "Problem" drive and laughing about the fact that it appeared to be more water than Royal Purple, But ---- said Cooter ---- I don't see any metalic chunks in there ! Might not be that bad ! Well I said, I've been thinking some two inch short lowers might get me by the Senator, maybe this is the time. Ever heard the saying --- "Here's Your Sign". Lighten up.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 10-25-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:29 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by axapowell
A little vain maybe? It's not ALL about just YOU.
time to hit the books Senatorrr, I get your derogitory meaning but your using vain (vanity) out of context.
I'm sure there are others who qualify as jealous and envious of you...I just ain't one of them.

My boat and why I bought it?
I never made any assumptions in this respect 'cause I never did, and still don't care why you bought it. It worked for you and that's great. I was just making you aware that others had opinions on this subject and voiced them.

I never insinuated this at all
never said YOU did. My position of leaving boats stock was for general consumption. Yours too if you like.

Thank you!
No problem/anytime. Having been there, I realized long ago that the ladies take our hot-rodding misfortunes on the chin...all they want to do is go for a boat ride.

I think you should think about who busts your ballz the most before pinning that one on me.
No pinning...just an example for comparison that's all. Speaking of theater ropes, where's 5 inch? Or the blonde birdie?

Understood, that's why I stated MOST...
It was fun going fast and being different...but the memories of the less glorious moments are why, to this day, other than normal maintenence, I despise mechanical work on boats. I do like to clean though.

Annoy?
Apologies, that was for lack of a more accurate term that applies bilaterally, which I don't know if there is one?

Good luck with the sale and purchase.

Dave
Thanks. Luckily I don't have to sell this boat to pull it off. It's a small older cottage in good/very good condition (not excellent) on distress sale but the WF is super! I just want a summer hangout, and a place to keep the/a boat. I'm re-thinking the year 'round WF living. Cold and a half hour min. to anything. This place is a great home base. 6.1 miles from the hospital, 10 mins or less from everything. I sold enough winter storage to make 8 mort. pmts, or pay all the taxes, ins., and a little left for fuel. Can't beat it! If I want to leave here, I'll double my $, but what do I want to replace it with? and where? and how much coin is that?
Old 10-26-2006, 12:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
managed to tear up more parts than the combined efforts of all the rest of you (Lord High Commander possibly excluded ).
I was there in the days of the twin turbo Pachanga...

trust me, you've got a ways to go.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, a few hours away and this place turns into an old west shootout. Let me try and mediate this, now let's all stare at the pretty avatar for a bit and clear our heads......................oooooooooooooooooooommm mmmmmmm......................
Old 10-26-2006, 07:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 5PMSMWHR
Man, a few hours away and this place turns into an old west shootout. Let me try and mediate this, now let's all stare at the pretty avatar for a bit and clear our heads......................oooooooooooooooooooommm mmmmmmm......................

That was my thought also.

I've seen that pair of avatars somewhere before, the fish looks familiar too. You messing with that dog again ? I'm going back and look some more. Seems the more I look, the the less I remember though.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 10-26-2006 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Registered

All I can say about the tail end of this whole thread is,,,,,,,,

It's embarrassing. Nobody wants to read all that chit. Knock it off you two!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Registered

OK...

group hug...

your women first.

or Mich first if 5 inch can find that outfit.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Registered

OK...

group hug...
That's better!!

Hey, by the way Rip, How do you do the individual phrase quotes? I can't figure that out.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=ThirdBird]That's better!!

I Agree.

On a positive note, last nights duct tape plumbing repair is holding up nicely. All those episodes of the Red Green Show do pay off.

Now back to some more lighthearted topics. Like Mich the cross dressing Elvis dog, or 5PM's catch of the day. I'm going back for another look at them avatars ----- if I can remember how to find them.

We could talk about Reggie's new 35 ---- slap me ---- wrong forum.

Quick Reply: 353 Performance numbers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.