Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: 353 Performance numbers

have an interest there
Old 10-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey RIP….another compliment? My engine compartment minus a bullet as your new avatar!

Cool, although I don’t think the MPG would be as good with that hole in the transom. Might cause a little drag.

With Bird as my witness, I used 49 gallons of gas at 50-55 mph from the Bay to the Pond in 1-4 footers across Ontario. That also included a blast past the Pond crew from about 3 miles out!

Dave
Old 10-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by axapowell
My engine compartment minus a bullet as your new avatar!

bullet...grenade...timebomb...

semantics
Old 10-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Registered

With Bird as my witness, I used 49 gallons of gas at 50-55 mph from the Bay to the Pond in 1-4 footers across Ontario. That also included a blast past the Pond crew from about 3 miles out!Dave
Axa, don't forget that you took a bunch of Ponders for a 20 minute, near-full throttle cruise too!!

Yup, to say I'm impressed is an understatement. Axa was not exactly feathering the throttles, as he mentioned. Axa's 353 with relatively huge HP literally sips fuel. Would have taken my old lead sled twice that much gas even staying at cruise speeds all the time. It's a nice combination you put together Axa, you should market it.

Last edited by ThirdBird; 10-25-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................
Old 10-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Thank you for the compliment my fine fellow feathered boat owner friend!!

Jealousy, critique, and expense are only in the eyes of the envious! I feel as though I boat for the right reasons, comradely, relaxation and friendship (some of which I have questioned lately). Whether my “engines” ran or not, I found MOST of our friends there to lend a hand with either overnight accommodations, the use of a truck, or a ride in their boat.

This was the first time I had ever helped to design and build a performance Marine engine package. My builder and I have both learned from the experience and will correct any errors in judgment for future builds. As they say “Live and learn” and I would guess to say that MOST of us have been here!

Dave
Old 10-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

axa,

Do you have an email for Jim and Donna? A buddy of mine is making his corporate karaoke debut next week and is looking for some source music if a Toby Keith song. I think it's the you're not much fun since I quit drinkin' song. Nice Harborfest fish, huh?
Old 10-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Registered

Jealousy, critique, and expense are only in the eyes of the envious!
If indeed you're making yet another ambiguous referral to me, nice try...some of the audience might buy it, though the reality is that of which a fair-haired birdie sang in my ear unsolicited, more than once, about just why you "had to have one".
She's such a "princess" isn't she? Apparently you too have been psycho-analized...by those who need it most.

The other side of that coin is this. If anybody is stupid enough to believe that I miss the expense, downtime, and straight plain pain in the azz of modifying boat power...
I've got a boat for sale...200K

or a ride in their boat.
I asked Mrs. axa out for a boat ride on two occasions while you were down. Being the thoughtful woman that she is, she declined, I'm sure on the basis of knowing that would be adding significant insult to your (boats') injury.

This was the first time I had ever helped to design and build a performance Marine engine package. My builder and I have both learned from the experience and will correct any errors in judgment for future builds.
hmmm....that's a humble new position. You were talking all smack and full of attitude in the "other thread" Where'd that go anyway? I was just picking up the ribbing where it left off when the other thread "disappeared". It's good natured, why is it so much more piercing to you, than me having my balls busted for "tidyness"?

I would guess to say that MOST of us have been here!
as in you seem to want to exclude "some" from "MOST" exclude me from the exclusion "some" and include me in "MOST" Ten years before you actually, and it was fast, very fast for it's day, when it wasn't down. Since having been there/done that, I have been enjoying season after season of trouble free boating (well, as far as the boats are concerned anyway )
Our seasons are just too damn short, and I get NO enjoyment out of seeing anyone broke down, I assure you, because boating's in my blood and I DO KNOW what it's like to be working on the boat when I'd rather be working on my tan! My buddy had a TrackHoe and we had pulling that engine down to a very quick science with it!

We may annoy each other though we'll be enjoying each other's company again this next year...unless of course I close the deal on this cottage...winter estate sale, you know... 30% off wholesale.

the 353 or the _________ will look s w e e t floating out front!

Ragged, the latest, most accurate acronym is TI BB & DL thread.

and Dave, I wish you seasons to come of nothing but oil and filter changes!

Last edited by Rippem; 10-25-2006 at 09:58 PM.

Quick Reply: 353 Performance numbers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.