Diesel engines in the Fastech line ? >

Diesel engines in the Fastech line ?

Notices
Formula

Diesel engines in the Fastech line ?

Old 11-24-2006, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Diesel engines in the Fastech lineup ?

I have found some new Formula 292 and 353 Fastechs with 300 HP Marinediesel engines offered for sale in Europe. Are the diesel engines also offered in the US in the Fastech lineup ? Anybody that has tried a Fastech with diesel engines ?
You can see here:
http://www.boatshop24.com/web/en/suc...totalcount=127

http://www.boatshop24.com/web/en/suc...totalcount=127

Last edited by Phazar454Mag; 11-27-2006 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Diesel engines in the Fastech line ?

Wish I could read it
Old 11-24-2006, 05:04 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Neuboot mit CE Zertifikat von offiziellem Formula H䮤ler ab Werk USA Sonderausstattung gegen Mehrpreis Motoren 2 X 300 PS (221 KW) V8 Marinediesel Bravo 1 Der V8- DIESEL basiert auf dem 6.5L GM Diesel.Der 6.5 L Motor ist einer der populaersten Motoren ueberhaupt, bedingt durch seine hervorragende Leistung und Haltbarkeit. Er findet seine Anwendung in Fahrzeugen wie Chevrolet Pickup, Blazer, Suburban und auch im US Jeep Hummer

New boat with CE certificate of official Formula Handler ex factory the USA special equipment against additional price engines 2 X 300 HP (221 KW) V8 naval Diesel Bravo 1 the V8 DIESEL be based on the 6.5L GM Diesel.The 6.5 L engine is one of the most popular engines at all, under its outstanding achievement and durability. He applies his in vehicles such as Chevrolet Pickup, Blazer, Suburban and also in to US the jeep, Hummer.

One of my many skills!

Dave
Old 11-25-2006, 01:15 AM
Registered

Even though I think Dave did a great job translating, and I am from Denmark so German is my third language (English 2nd) I will also try:

New boat with CE certificate (boats sold in Europe have to be CE certified) from an official Formula dealer. Boat is manufactured in the USA.
As an option (more expensive) you can order the Formula with 2 x 300 HP V8 MarineDiesel engines and Bravo 1 drives.
The V8 diesel is based on the 6.5 l GM diesel. The 6.5l engine is one of most popular engines, because of the power and durability. The engine is used in vehicles such as Chevrolet pickup trucks, Blazer, Suburban and also Hummer.

Last edited by Phazar454Mag; 11-26-2006 at 06:40 AM.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,152 Likes on 311 Posts

My puter translated it for me. Lol
Sounds like a Nice Package!
Old 11-27-2006, 08:22 AM
Registered

Default Re: Diesel engines in the Fastech lineup ?

I guess I am wondering whether this is a factory option, I can't see the diesel engine combo on the Formula web site ?
What is the performance like top speed and acceleration ?
Fuel economy at cruise speed and WOT ?
Noise / engine sound ?
Anybody that has been out on a Fastech with diesel engines ?
I am happy with my Scorpion engines in my 292 Fastech, but around where I boat you can only get diesel at the dock. Only bigger marina's have gasoline here in Denmark, while smaller marina's often only have diesel or no fuel at all. Diesel powered boats seem to hold their value better too. Simply more economical in the long run from a fuel and maintenance perspective, I just don't know how well that MarineDiesel combo works with the 292 and 353 ?
Old 11-29-2006, 12:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They take out the gas engines in europe and than put in the Diesels - engines are a direct replacement for gas engines fit in the same space, even corsa quick and quiet fits !
engines are bulild in sweden based on the Hummer V8 6,5 l diesel - the only Diesels that sound almost like a gas engine
more information

www.marinediesel.nu

Last edited by 496power; 11-29-2006 at 12:29 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:45 AM
Registered

They also build theese Diesels in the USA
look here

http://www.marinedieselusa.com/

Mercruiser, Volvo Penta, Crusader Gas Marine Engine Direct Fit Replacement*
MarineDiesel’s RE-POWERING Advantage
MarineDiesel manufactures the marine industry’s only V8 diesel engine specifically designed to be a direct replacement for existing Mercruiser, Volvo Penta, etc gas engines. Why even consider the major expenses associated with extensive hull modifications when you could simply “Drop-In” a supercharged MarineDiesel. MarineDiesel has taken the of developing and matching the existing locations of the Volvo Penta and Mercruiser parts. This includes mounting, exhaust, fuel, electrical, etc.

MarineDiesel’s PERFORMANCE Advantage
MarineDiesel utilizes a custom intercooled Lysholm Supercharging system. This Low Rpm - High Torque Rise system in conjunction with a full 6.5 liters of displacement allows MarineDiesel to achieve the low end performance most “turbo lag’d” inline small displacement diesels engines cannot provide. Along with this the superior performance of the MarineDiesel allows the same low speed performance as similar gas Volvo Penta and Mercruiser engines. Select this link to read more about how to compare our diesel marine engines to an existing gas Mercruiser engine.

MarineDiesel’s DURABILITY Advantage
The MarineDiesel product line is based on AM General’s military Optimizer 6500 engine. Although many customers confuse this engine with earlier General Motors 6.2L or 6.5L engines, the Optimizer 6500 engine should not be confused (read more). This is the same engine used to power the rugged Humvee (High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle) as well as various other pleasure and commercial applications. Due to extremely stringent military specifications, the Optimizer 6500 engine allows MarineDiesel to provide our customers with this same expected high level of product durability and customer satisfaction.

MarineDiesel’s VALUE Advantage
Minimal required installation labor as compared to competitive offerings such as Yanmar and Cummins. Therefore lower installed overall price, superior performance thru larger engine displacement and supercharging, better fuel economy thru more useable low rpm power, ease of service and parts availability thru less complex design......when the water settles and all the facts are evaluated MarineDiesel undoubtedly offers the best overall value.

If you currently have a boat with gas engines and interested in re-powering with diesel, but unsure as how to select the proper MarineDiesel engine model, select the following link to read more... Engine Selection
Attached Thumbnails Diesel engines in the Fastech line ?-marinediesel-sterndrive.gif  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
diesel-compare-300.pdf (243.4 KB, 151 views)

Last edited by 496power; 11-29-2006 at 12:50 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:59 AM
Registered

Geeez! Aren't those the old old old style seats on the 292?