21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 125 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Re: Silent Thunder removal on newer FasTechs

Originally Posted by axapowell
And you know this why???

Dave
Should have seen that one coming!!!
For some reason I remembered a line I used a few times in high school "I'll admit I only have a 3 inch dick...but some girls like 'em that wide!"
Old 12-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts
Question Re: Silent Thunder removal on newer FasTechs

Originally Posted by axapowell
And you know this why???

Dave
So you are in fact still alive and able to sit up and take nourishment.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Silent Thunder removal on newer FasTechs

Ragged...

Yes I am, but not without a price, work has been a SOB lately. Very busy, but hopefully it will calm down between X-mas and New Years. I plan to take some well deserved time off for the Holidays. Looking forward to seeing Sam and yourself at the HBW's party in January!

Dave
Old 05-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
or find some used transom mount Corsa's to replace the raw stainless stock tips like I did. They are plentiful as take-offs and inexpensive.

Robert's right in that getting rid of the box is easy and cheap if you can do "open" exhaust. with smallblocks it can't be too loud.
I know this is an older thread but this is exactly what I want to do. I'm not digging the ST box but we have noise ordinance laws in MD: 90db @ 4ft from rear of vessel, taken at the dock, not all natural resource police carry meters.

I still want the boat to sound good and not affect performance so I'll bend the rules. Just don't want to draw the extra attention that not putting anything on would do.

I went to the Corsa site and there were a bunch of different lines, not sure which is what I need.

Would these work:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o33866-en.html
Old 05-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Registered

Default enjoy,

Originally Posted by rhsj2006
I searched and reviewed the (many) previous threads on ST removal and while I found alot of great information and pics on removal of the ST box which also doubled as a swim platform (like the SR series), I didn't see much on removal of the non-integrated ST. Does anyone have details and pics of a newer FasTech with this mod?

I'm very interested in seeing how it looks and understanding what is involved for me to do this to my 2003 292. I have the Captians Call switchable exhaust (which I like) if that makes any difference in the mods for exhaust tips, routing, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I removed the ST and added Eddie Marine 450 tips which have the switchable muffller buit inside. Clean and loads of fun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzkLaf3kG8Y
Old 05-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Personally, I'm a fan of angle-cut tips....
What tips/mufflers are those? I have the Corsica's on mine and I hate the super low tone at "no wake" speeds, which I assume is caused by being so far under the swim platform. Maybe extending like yours makes it better?
Old 06-08-2010, 06:54 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by slivings
What tips/mufflers are those? I have the Corsica's on mine and I hate the super low tone at "no wake" speeds, which I assume is caused by being so far under the swim platform. Maybe extending like yours makes it better?
Those are custom-made by CORSA. My boat has Innovation 600's with Stellings headers, and the headers point downwards at about 30 degrees. Clamp-on mufflers would have been buried in the water, so I had CORSA make some mufflers that did not neck down, and then made my own angled wedge rings to point them straight back. In the end, it would have been simpler to have CORSA make the mufflers with an angled flange on them...
Old 06-16-2010, 11:59 AM
Registered

Here is my 97 312 changed the Tahiti paint and **** canned the ST exhaust. Added larger after market exhaust system and Teague 450 tips that have a switchable muffler inside.. go loud and proud or soft and supple. check out Y-tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzkLaf3kG8Y
Old 06-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Registered

Perhaps a stupid question but why are you guys removing the ST?

Is it because it's too silent or is it very bad for performance?
I've just bought a -04 292 with 377 Scorpions (blue ones) which has silent thunder. Would I benefit from removing it? I am not looking for more noise, but could probably live with it if it would improve performance. I live in Sweden and we have no noise regulations here, it's all about respect for fellow boaters.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Berglund
Perhaps a stupid question but why are you guys removing the ST?

Is it because it's too silent or is it very bad for performance?
I've just bought a -04 292 with 377 Scorpions (blue ones) which has silent thunder. Would I benefit from removing it? I am not looking for more noise, but could probably live with it if it would improve performance. I live in Sweden and we have no noise regulations here, it's all about respect for fellow boaters.
Hey Sweden dude...Been trying to get my wife to go there for a couple years now....With me I guess..ha! When I dropped mine off I picked up about 300 rpms and loss of the weight. I hated the rumble / vibration it gave too..With water in them I bet they weight as much as a chick.... Now, I also put on EMI Offshore manifolds w/ S/S risers. Between all this my mid range punch jumped quit a bit. I also had to raise the rev limiter to 5400 because I was hitting it after these mods...
Now I get to jump to 30P Bravo 1 props... Can't wait to see how she acts now.

Quick Reply: Silent Thunder removal on newer FasTechs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.