Before and after pics of water under cabin step

Notices
Formula

Before and after pics of water under cabin step

Old 01-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Before and after pics of water under cabin step

Ted, did you just reinstall the strip when you were done? Can you push it in with a window screen tool or something?
I'm thinking in addition to siliconing the screws, I might run a bead of clear silicone under the seal after reinstalling it.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Registered

Default Found the leaks on my 292sr1

I had the same problem, and the water was coming from two places....When the boat was in the water, it was leaking in around the wonderful thru-hull drain for the useless icebox. I took out the old thru-hull, used 5200 around the hole, put in a new thru-hull and then plugged the fitting from the backside. I removed the drain hose completely because I just use the icebox for storage. I figured that would solve my problem, but as it turns out, that isn't the only place it was leaking. When my boat is on the trailer, it leans nose down a bit. Well, I didn't put my full mooring cover on a few times and the rain soaked through my cockpit cover and puddled up in the front of the cockpit. From there it leaked around a few of my snaps and voila! it ended up under the step. Needless to say, I've sealed my snaps and I always put my mooring cover on no matter what.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the seal on the hatches. I had a similar problem with my 311. Had the hatches pulled and found a driver bit lodged under one of the hatch seals.

Water can get throught the docking lights if you happen to stuff the bow in a freighter wake ... so I learned the hard way. Drenched and ruined an amp I had mounted in front of the upolstery panel in the nose.

Water can also get in through the deck/hull bond if the screw holes are stripped or the bonding agent has broken. I would pull the screws and thru-bolt with a sealer on the threads.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Check the seal on the hatches. I had a similar problem with my 311. Had the hatches pulled and found a driver bit lodged under one of the hatch seals.

Water can get throught the docking lights if you happen to stuff the bow in a freighter wake ... so I learned the hard way. Drenched and ruined an amp I had mounted in front of the upolstery panel in the nose.

Water can also get in through the deck/hull bond if the screw holes are stripped or the bonding agent has broken. I would pull the screws and thru-bolt with a sealer on the threads.
I also found water geting in through the the fittings for the bow rail on my 357.