Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Throttle trim button on 20003 FasTech -Solved! >

Throttle trim button on 20003 FasTech -Solved!

Notices
Formula

Throttle trim button on 20003 FasTech -Solved!

Old 03-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle trim button on 20003 FasTech -Solved!

I've had troule recently with the port-side drive not responding to the throttle trim switch, and having to use the trailer button to bring it up - worried me so I asked for some help here on the board.

What an easy fix for my trim problem...A few screws to remove the trim sensor on the drive and once the cover came off I could see that some corrosion had built up on the rotor and position sensor contacts. A quick wire brushing at the work bench, some die-lectric grease, and 20 minutes later it's fixed.

Also gave me the chance to synchronize the limlit switch positions between the 2 drives, since it has never been right (port-side would always top out a little higher than starboard).

When I sold my last boat (a cruiser) and stepped up into a Formula, I committed to doing all the work myself, so that monies I would have paid a boat mechanic in the past now go straight into my fuel tank.

Thanks much to my fellow board members here for help in running down this problem. You all make it easier to meet the goal of spending my boating $$ at the fuel dock, not in dry dock

Last edited by rhsj2006; 03-25-2007 at 12:42 PM.