How to operate water sys & vacuflush?

Notices
Formula

How to operate water sys & vacuflush?

Old 06-21-2007, 09:45 PM
BL6
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default How to operate water sys & vacuflush?

Going to overnite on 353 for first time this wkend. Up till now have not worried about head, but wife sez to get going!

There is a water tank in v-berth, small sink in cabin and swim platform shower. Does tank only feed these two?

Head is vacuflush w/ macinator. and holding tank to pump out, which we will use.nk or lake? This is not our first pump out head, I'mslightly confused. is water source from lake or fresh water tank?

Could someone give a simple list of steps or instructions?

Thanks.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1: Fill up your water tank at the bow

2:Use a water refresher (available in any boat shop or marina) so that you don`t change your tank to a bio area

3:Before you use the toilet switch on the 12 V main switch , the water pump and the vacuum pump , all you find at the 12 V switchboard above your refrigerator

Switch off at least the vacuum pump after flushing

For the rest You do not need a manual
Old 06-22-2007, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The water for all three, (head,sink,shower) all come from the water tank under the v-berth. Like PokerRun said you need to flip the 12v for the vaccum for the toilet when you use that. To get any water pressure you need the water pump on for the transom shower or sink. Fastechs don't hold as many gallons as say a PC so use when needed. I always bring bottled water to drink.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:49 AM
BL6
Registered

Thanks for help.
item #2 water refresher?
I'm sure we'll be experts by Monday.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:57 AM
Registered

Water refresher's help keep the water in your tank from going bad. They kill any bacteria the might be in your take or stop them from growing, basically keeps the water clean so you can use it. Even with the refreshers in the tank I would still drink bottled water. Better safe then sorry.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:27 AM
BL6
Registered

Got it on refresher.
Do you think using water from tank is only option. Other boats I've had used lake water via a thru hull. (if tank in v-berth holds 19 gallons that's 150 lbs weight in the nose)
Old 06-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Registered

I don't believe Fastechs have a thru-hull water pickup line. All water comes from the 19 gallon holding tank. The only water pickup I know of is for the engine cooling system. Personally I wouldn't want lake or sea water entering my water tank. Technically you can drink the water from the sink, sucking in lake water with all the micro orgainisms in it is going to ruin your fresh water system and make the water undrinkable as well as unsanitary.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:34 PM
BL6
Registered

Thnks Split. My PQ had thru hull direct to head. Water tank separate altogether.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:58 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 125 Likes on 64 Posts

Alot of cruisers have a seawater pump to pull water into the head. Our 382 is the first boat I've had that pulled from the fresh water tank. (My 382 is apparently like your 353). Instead of the expensive water refreshers at boating stores I just pour a small amount of bleach in the fresh water tank. I'm not drinking that water anyway and it keeps the water system clean.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our Carver pulls from the freshwater tank to the heads. I always thought that was the norm. We use a small amount of Bleach as well.

Quick Reply: How to operate water sys & vacuflush?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.