New Web Site >

New Web Site

Notices
Formula

New Web Site

Old 07-20-2007, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased my 260SS in Jan '02. It still looks practically brand new, and many express surprise at it being 5 years old. I wrestled with the premium price at the time, but other than Cobalt, there was nothing we saw close in build quality, and the Formula won for the superior lay out.

I agree that the new list prices are a shocker, but if the factory programs are still good as Magic wrote, the out the door price may still represent good value - I sure hope so, because the missus and I have been toying with the idea of a change.

We were considering a Fastech (her suggestion), but at the last raft up all the gals in the go-fasts were oohing over the 260's layout and then they started telling my wife stories of being scared sick at high speeds. Back to square one.

The moral of the story - if your better half suggests a new boat, buy it within 8 hours.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

The moral of the story - if your better half suggests a new boat, buy it within 8 hours.

Great advice!!
Old 07-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 222 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by rubadub

I agree that the new list prices are a shocker, but if the factory programs are still good as Magic wrote, the out the door price may still represent good value - D
I am attending the Formula Rendvous this comming weekend at LOTO and I will be seeking some information. I agree, there incentive programs are the best in the business and while I don't like making payments it was hard for me not to take advantage of it. I was told it would take 3 years for me to trade out of my boat and into another boat if I go the Formula route again and use their programs. That was in the winter of 06 and ok with me b/c I plan on keeping this one atleast that long. I wonder how much thats changed now with these increases b/c it gets to a point that whether a rebate or low fixed term the buyer may well be upside down for a while b/c the market cannot keep up with the cost increases ???
Old 07-21-2007, 05:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

$70,000.00 price increase on my 400SS 07 to 08 equipped the same... WOW
Old 07-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Registered

Formula replaced my 400ss from a 07 to a 08 due to shipping damage from the factory.
Theres lots little improvments but the ones most noticable are full wood floors including the stairs as standard equipment for the interior, change in the cabinet that holds a bigger TV lighting, carpeting, switches etc..
Old 07-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tlark
I am attending the Formula Rendvous this comming weekend at LOTO and I will be seeking some information. I agree, there incentive programs are the best in the business and while I don't like making payments it was hard for me not to take advantage of it. I was told it would take 3 years for me to trade out of my boat and into another boat if I go the Formula route again and use their programs. That was in the winter of 06 and ok with me b/c I plan on keeping this one atleast that long. I wonder how much thats changed now with these increases b/c it gets to a point that whether a rebate or low fixed term the buyer may well be upside down for a while b/c the market cannot keep up with the cost increases ???
Hey tlark, Look forward to seeing you there. Are you coming to Formula Friday Night at the Toad? I will be driving the 45 Yacht this weekend for Glencove at the Rendvous so make sure you stop in and say Hi! We can talk about the 08 lineup if you like as I am the senior salesmen at Glencove. If you cannot find me just ask for Capt. Steve the Hillbilly.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before I bought my 292 I almost bought a 30 Baja Outlaw the Baja was 110 with trailer the 292 was 128 with trailer + some other stuff.Putting the same money down payment is almost 300.00 less a month with there interest rates.Word of caution they are hard to sell for a few years because they are payment wise cheaper when new.But the more I have it the more I like it solid boat and great service both by dealer and company itself.Needed a bottom drawing (blue print) for my lift Formula had it emailed to me within the hour