Small water stains in cabin

Notices
Formula

Small water stains in cabin

Old 11-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small water stains in cabin

I am cleaning out my new to me 01, 382. The cabin is in great shape, just smells closed up. I noticed two dark water stains in the fabric that covers the speakers where the ceiling meets the wall. The stains are on both port and starboard sides in almost the same place. They are located right about where the table is located. The odd thing is that there are no stains below on the grey fabric that is directly below the stains.

I am trying to figure out what could have caused it. A possible small leak in the rub rail, but this area should not have water hitting it, it is too high up.

I am trying to clean the fabric, but am not sure of the stains will come out.

Also, what are you guys using to clean the interior seating? The material feels like soft leather, but is fake. What can I use to clean and brighten them up?

What is good to use on the exterior seats?

Thanks,

Proud to own a Formula
Old 11-04-2007, 07:18 AM
Registered

Try magic eraser on the stains. You should not need anything strong to clean the ultra leather if it was cared for.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Registered

Majic erasers did the trick. Took the stains right off. I used them to clean the whole interior. Pulled all the forward cushions and white cover that says Fastech, and washed them in the washer. They look like new now. I vacuum'd the entire cabin, and wiped down walls and ceilings.

Now that I have the ultra leather clean, what can I put on it to condition it? Armor all, leather conditioner?

I have a few stains on the removable cushions that go in the middle of the seating area. The majic erasers would not remove them, and i also tried mold and mildew remover, but only lightened the stains. Any other ideas?
Old 11-05-2007, 06:14 AM
Registered

try to spot them with something like clorox clean up but be sure to rinse really well. Then 303 protectant works the best to condition.