Repowering My 292

Notices
Formula

Repowering My 292

Old 11-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repowering My 292

A couple years ago my father in law built some procharged 427 small blocks for a customer of his who installed them in a 98 sea ray bowrider of all things! He also purchased some imco extreme advantage drives and imco external steering. The motors have some pretty serious hardware. Dart blocks aluminum heads j&e pistons just to name a few goodies.
This gentleman has managed to scare the hell out of his family to the point where they won't even go in the boat with him. With everything he's in the whole package about 60k.
So I bought the boat! I'm going to start swapping motors and drives here in the next couple of weeks. I've been working on this deal for about 5 months now. I can't wait! I have pictures of the motors and the boat but I took them with my blackberry and can't seem to upload them from my black berry desktop manager. I'll either figure it out or take some pictures with my regular camera. I'm thinking this will probably void the warranty on my motors and drives????
-Nick
Old 11-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NICKM
A couple years ago my father in law built some procharged 427 small blocks for a customer of his who installed them in a 98 sea ray bowrider of all things! He also purchased some imco extreme advantage drives and imco external steering. The motors have some pretty serious hardware. Dart blocks aluminum heads j&e pistons just to name a few goodies.
This gentleman has managed to scare the hell out of his family to the point where they won't even go in the boat with him. With everything he's in the whole package about 60k.
So I bought the boat! I'm going to start swapping motors and drives here in the next couple of weeks. I've been working on this deal for about 5 months now. I can't wait! I have pictures of the motors and the boat but I took them with my blackberry and can't seem to upload them from my black berry desktop manager. I'll either figure it out or take some pictures with my regular camera. I'm thinking this will probably void the warranty on my motors and drives????
-Nick
Use your Blackberry to email them to yourself and then save the pics and upload them.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NICKM
-Nick
Sweet!! Pictures would be great. I am really interested in this project. Are the engines fuel injected? What boost and HP? I can't wait to hear how the 292 hull responds to some serious horsepower. Thanks for any details and good luck!!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:00 AM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

This should be an interesting swap, good luck, keep us posted.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Registered

The motors are fuel injected. In fact it's the kind you can adjust with a laptop. Pretty cool stuff once you get the hang of it. I'll get some pictures to you asap.
-Nick
Old 11-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Registered

Here's a pic of my boat
Attached Thumbnails Repowering My 292-p1010626_edited-1.jpg  
Old 11-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Registered

It's kind of funny this guy knew he was doing something that made no sense a couple years ago. He asked me if I'd like to buy the motors for 40k. I had just bought my Formula at that time. I now own the boat, the drives, and the motors for 45k! I plan to sell the sea barge for 45k when I'm done with the project. Hard to turn that deal down. Here's some pics of the barge.-Nick
Attached Thumbnails Repowering My 292-p1010627_edited-1.jpg   Repowering My 292-p1010628_edited-1.jpg   Repowering My 292-p1010631_edited-1.jpg  

Old 11-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Registered

A few more of the motors. -Nick
Attached Thumbnails Repowering My 292-p1010630_edited-1.jpg   Repowering My 292-p1010631_edited-1.jpg  
Old 11-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Looks like one hell of a deal, I can't beleive all that hardware was wasted on a Sea Ray bowrider.It's going to be interesting to see how your 292 flies after this install!!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Getting close to the shake down run?

Nick, reading another thread on props it sounds like you will be ready to run in a couple weeks. I assume these puppies are already installed? As for what prop pitch to start with... What gear ratio and horsepower are we looking at?

Quick Reply: Repowering My 292

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.