Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Fair\reasonable price for 2003 FasTech 292? >

Fair\reasonable price for 2003 FasTech 292?

Notices
Formula

Fair\reasonable price for 2003 FasTech 292?

Old 03-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fair\reasonable price for 2003 FasTech 292?

Hello all,

Considering selling my 292. It has 195 hours, twin 6.2 MPI engines, upgraded stereo, Latham full hydraulic steering, pump out head, and two sets of props (Bravo 4 blade, 24 and 28 pitch), cockpit and mooring covers. In good condition and sits on a painted steel triple-axle trailer with hydraulic disks brakes. Majority of time was in mostly fresh water (Lake Tahoe and Sacramento Delta).

Would like to get mid $50s. Is this reasonable to expect?
Old 03-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Sounds like a good deal to me.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go high 50's to low 60's. Mid 50's would be a great deal for whoever is buying it.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Registered

There are 23 of that model for sale 2001-2003 on boat trader. Your at the low end of the scale.

At $55-60K your boat should go away fairly fast. If you price in the mid 60's then you have a lot more competition and may have it longer.

So are you pricing to sell it now or price it to sell it maybe? Do you still want to have it when the gas price surge for Memorial day has gas on land in the mid to upper $3 range or $4 range out in California?

Based on the price of your boat I think in a normal market a lot of solid middle class income people are your buyers, the question is, are they going to buy this year????
Old 03-03-2008, 09:36 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 125 Likes on 64 Posts

mid 50's seems reasonable.....listing prices and selling prices vary widely. Getting someone to write the check is the problem....with so many boats for sale if your looking to buy, you can find someone desperate to sell.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Registered

got any pics you can e-mail?
Old 03-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mid 50's sounds resonable, depends on if you want to move it or wait around a bit, I've noticed the prices on some of the newer boats like the 292, 312, 353 are tumbling the more gas goes up, I wish I could afford a newer 292 because ive seen quite a few low hour ones in great shape for what I feel has been a few dynamite deals, good luck with the sale
Old 03-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
There are 23 of that model for sale 2001-2003 on boat trader. Your at the low end of the scale.

At $55-60K your boat should go away fairly fast. If you price in the mid 60's then you have a lot more competition and may have it longer.

So are you pricing to sell it now or price it to sell it maybe? Do you still want to have it when the gas price surge for Memorial day has gas on land in the mid to upper $3 range or $4 range out in California?

Based on the price of your boat I think in a normal market a lot of solid middle class income people are your buyers, the question is, are they going to buy this year????

Some very good points here. If serious about selling then get agressive in your pricing and get the attention of the real buyers out there, chase the guy with some cash in his pocket and do what you need to to make it go away. This is a buyers market, if you are looking to move up this is the time to broom what you have and then go shopping for the next one, been there, did it last fall, and it works.

In terms of the last comment, the problem here in todays world is that these buyers usually need financing, which is getting tougher every day. These are toys, banks are tightening up, and 50 - 60k is not in the high roller bracket. The reality is if you're worried about the next heating oil delivery or this weeks grocery bill you are not going to buy a new boat. The high end stuff is still moving, the average joe stuff is sitting. Just my opinion from what I seeing.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Registered

I've only seen one 2002 or newer 292 in the mid-50s. I must be looking at the wrong websites! Good luck with the sale, I bet it will sell quick at that price range.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Some very good points here. If serious about selling then get agressive in your pricing and get the attention of the real buyers out there, chase the guy with some cash in his pocket and do what you need to to make it go away. This is a buyers market, if you are looking to move up this is the time to broom what you have and then go shopping for the next one, been there, did it last fall, and it works.

In terms of the last comment, the problem here in todays world is that these buyers usually need financing, which is getting tougher every day. These are toys, banks are tightening up, and 50 - 60k is not in the high roller bracket. The reality is if you're worried about the next heating oil delivery or this weeks grocery bill you are not going to buy a new boat. The high end stuff is still moving, the average joe stuff is sitting. Just my opinion from what I seeing.
Very good points Ragged. Your first paragraph about being aggressive with your pricing is key. I sold my 91' 292 in just 5 days, a week before Christmas. So it can be done and there are buyers out there.

Good luck with your sale.

How you doing Chuck? Say \HI to Amy and little Man. Want a 34 PC yet?

Quick Reply: Fair\reasonable price for 2003 FasTech 292?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.