Fountain Buys Baja

Notices
Formula

Fountain Buys Baja

Old 03-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain Buys Baja

I know this ain't no Baja board but, I heard the above news today. Has anyone else heard this? And, if Baja is under the umbrella of Brunswick, then why did Brunswick want out? Poor sales, dated technology? And, why would Fountain want it?

Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice to the rabbit. When timbers shift, one need to look at the rest of the house to see if there will be any other shifts.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Registered

Baja has always catered mainly to entry level powerboaters on a budget. Given the cost of everything, that is a definitely shrinking market. Brunswick understands that and got out of that segment of the market. What Reggie's interest is escapes me, especially since from other threads the view is that they are shutting down Baja production in May.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

Nobody really knows what is going to happen for sure yet, I have friends that work there and there are still rumors of whats going on...
Old 03-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered

Default Wanna Know?

March 20, 2008
Dear Baja Dealer:
We wish to inform you of some important developments at Baja Boats. Baja Marine Corporation, a unit of Brunswick Corporation, has signed a letter of intent to sell assets relating to its Baja boat business to Fountain Powerboat Industries, Inc., of Washington, N.C. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed, and completion of the sale is subject to certain conditions.
This was a strategic decision by Brunswick to further refine its product portfolio and best focus its resources on brands and marine segments that it believes are core to its success going forward. We believe that Baja Marine and its dealers will ultimately benefit from being a part of Fountain Powerboats, a company that, like Baja, is a leader in high-performance boats.
To prepare for this transition, Brunswick plans to end production of Baja boats in Bucyrus, Ohio, by the end of May. You will be contacted very shortly with more information about the transition and how it will affect your dealership.
In the meantime, we thank you for your business and loyalty over the past years and assure you that we will do all that we can to ensure that this transition is seamless to your dealership and its operations.
Sincerely,
David W. Olson
President
Baja Marine Corporation