1986 F - 206 LS What do you think?

Notices
Formula

1986 F - 206 LS What do you think?

Old 03-31-2008, 11:34 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I added the swim ladder on top of the platform because the lower one, mounted under the platform disappeared one day! The mount wasn't very good underneath, so a quick thru bolt and no problems!

Dave
Old 04-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cory,

I know a guy in the Rochester area who is a Mercury Master Tech. and a good friend of mine who I am sure would be more than glad to help you out with regards to giving it the once over. Matter of fact he probabley knows the boat he lives in the Rush / Avon area.

Let me know if this is something you would be interested in.

Jeff
Old 04-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by got twins ?
Cory,

I know a guy in the Rochester area who is a Mercury Master Tech. and a good friend of mine who I am sure would be more than glad to help you out with regards to giving it the once over. Matter of fact he probabley knows the boat he lives in the Rush / Avon area.

Let me know if this is something you would be interested in.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff.

Actually the mechanical stuff is nothing I'm really worried about, truth of the matter is my father has Merc certifications and I work with a Master Tech and a couple other Merc Techs part time

Want to really make sure the price is right, I don't buy anything I don't think I can get my money and time back from if you know what I mean.

www.strizzy.com/93crownline

-Cory
Old 04-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by strizzy
Thanks Jeff.

Actually the mechanical stuff is nothing I'm really worried about, truth of the matter is my father has Merc certifications and I work with a Master Tech and a couple other Merc Techs part time

Want to really make sure the price is right, I don't buy anything I don't think I can get my money and time back from if you know what I mean.

-Cory

If the boat checks out .... how can you go wrong at $5500.00 ....

A trailer for that boat will cost you approx. $2800.00 if you need one.
I bought a Venture from Factory Direct Trailers in Ontario NY.
If you need one ask for Craig ... he owns the place ... tell I sent you and he will look after you .... great guy to deal with.

Good Luck
Jeff
Old 04-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Registered

Here's hoping the 206 won't be anything like that Crownline! I would have to think that somewhere under $5k would be stealing it if everything looks good except the scum line and trailer. The seller might be discounting it a bit already because of the trailer but convince him he hasn't discounted it enough. I would consider the lower NADA number as an out the door, everything in good condition number. Work down from there.

Here's a pic of one asking $8k. No thru hull or Silent Thunder and it looks like it's been painted (I don't ever remember seeing a Formula with the transom painted). Otherwise sounded well equipped and recently repowered.
Attached Thumbnails 1986 F - 206 LS What do you think?-red-206-spyder-2.jpg  
Old 04-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Thanks Jeff.

-Cory

Strizzy not to get off track but what happend to the crownline before you bought it? Sink? (just collected water in the boat?) Awesome job on that restoration. 206 is a great little boat. If everything checks out and you can get it for around 5k you are doing really well imho. Heavy little boat which helps the ride...not the fastest 21 footer but it is a Formula...makes up for it in MANY other areas
Old 04-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuposterchild
Strizzy not to get off track but what happend to the crownline before you bought it? Sink? (just collected water in the boat?) Awesome job on that restoration. 206 is a great little boat. If everything checks out and you can get it for around 5k you are doing really well imho. Heavy little boat which helps the ride...not the fastest 21 footer but it is a Formula...makes up for it in MANY other areas
Hey, well if theres a secret, its that I work part time at a shop (sadly not too many performance boats come in, and hence my curiousty. My experience is limited with ****liners, Rotline, and other runabouts).

So the boat was special ordered from the shop when it was new, and kept it in a garage. It was then one of those deals where the kids got older and it no longer saw use if I remember correctly.

So it sat in a garage with the drain plug was left in and unknowingly the roof leaked on the garage. So water sat in the boat for quite some time, most likely over the motor mounts. All the pre-1998 Crownlines are suspect to rot due to their building technique at the time (done a couple myself).

So the original owner sold it back to the shop and I saw it and soon talked to the bossman and was then towing it home! Honestly it was either fix it for him, or buy it and fix it for me kind of deal
Old 04-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Registered

I have a 1986 206 spyder open bow with about 800-900 hours on it that I am considering selling. On a scale of 1-10 I believe it would rank at an 8 or 9. It has never been in salt water and I have owned it for 12 years. Last year we repainted the custom Eagle Trailer. Any work that has ever been done on the boat has been done by Barrett's Marine on Seneca Lake. The boat has always been stored in my garage and has never been moored at a marina. Super Clean.

I have pictures of both the boat and trailer available (but I can't get them to upload here) if anyone would be interested in looking that I can e-mail.

Any ideas on what I could get for it?

Last edited by 206spyder; 04-01-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 206spyder
I have pictures of both the boat and trailer available (but I can't get them to upload here) if anyone would be interested in looking that I can e-mail.

Any ideas on what I could get for it?
What color? Silent Thunder platform? Feel free to email pictures to me: handfulz28 a@t gmail dot com
I'll post them for you if you want.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

Check that hill out well if you don't get a survey, all older boats are known for rot, Formulas have had a history of Bulkhead and transom issues, pretty much any older boat does, I would really consider at least a hull survey, if you have to do hull work later that can run you as much as you pay for the boat, then you have a 10,000.00 206....

Quick Reply: 1986 F - 206 LS What do you think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.