Joined the "big boys club"

Notices
Formula

Joined the "big boys club"

Old 02-18-2002, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Joined the "big boys club"

I went to the desert this weekend & bought a 97 312 Formula !!This was the boat belonging to "highbidder" in Scottsdale, Az.

Now I am in the same "boat" as the others that are waiting for their new boats.....man oh man, when's spring gonna get here!!
I can't wait.
Old 02-18-2002, 01:09 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Congratulations, "97formula"!!
Old 02-18-2002, 01:10 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the club. That will be a great boat for you. Hope you have a wonderful first summer with it
Old 02-18-2002, 02:10 PM
Registered

Wink

Yeh, this is going to be a big learning experience. This is the 1st twin I have owned, so operation (learning to drive all over again) & maintenance are going to keep me busier than ever. I am rather meticulous "maintainer", so another learning situation.
Changing plugs is going to be a real "arm stretcher" I am sure !

Old 02-19-2002, 08:24 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Plugs are not so bad. I would suggest you get some one to go with you your first time out. I had a friend that has a tripple engine boat take mine out the first time. The first time you plane off a boat that size you will freek out. So much happens to fast!!! Make sure you have plenty of room and take it slow. Once you get the hang of it you will wonder why you took so long to make the jump

Jon
Old 02-19-2002, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My first twin boat I went out ALONE {No rowdy friends helping} I threw a fender in the water @ spent alot of time "docking" to it Way better to learn with soft fender than hard dock!!!!
Old 02-22-2002, 11:35 AM
Registered

Thanks for the input....while I was in Arizona, I did "trial" the boat on a small lake outside of Scottsdale. It was fun & you are right about "alot goes on when it comes on plane". I never really appreciated those things until now. Once this thing gets on plane, & with the Prochargers, it accelerates awfully fast for 10,000# !! We are really looking forward to this spring.
Old 02-23-2002, 03:49 PM
Mack312

WAY TO GO on you 97 312 Formula !! I have a 2000 312 and love it. Does not get much better......... well maybe a 35 or a 38

Old 02-25-2002, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Way to go! Congrats on your new boat. I just bought a 94 303 and, like you, this is also my first twin engine boat. I like birddog's idea of docking next to a floating fender. Have to try that.

Best of luck with your new boat. By the way, what kind of top end do you expect with those procharged engines? Just curious.

Toolman
Old 02-26-2002, 11:52 AM
Registered

I am told, the top speed is 80+ true mph. I, of course have not seen that yet as the boat will not even be delivered until April sometime. I did not want to have to winterize it for so short a period. When I bought the boat, it was 69 degrees at home. Today it's 22 degrees and wednesday is forcast to be 17 degrees. March is our worst month for cold weather in Oklahoma. I have seen it get to 15 below zero in March. It is usually for short periods, but long enough to really screw up an engine! I'm naaot im much of a hurry tho', I waited until yesterday to order some new parts for it! ( I made it 9 days!- on a boat I told my wife needed nothing! Oh well......)
Yes, self training will have to take place on weekdays, when no one is around to witness the screw ups, not that there will be any, but someone may "mistake" something for a screwup!

Quick Reply: Joined the "big boys club"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.