Value of 1988 272

Notices
Formula

Value of 1988 272

Old 04-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PJDiesel
I know the Formulas have a cult like following, but....

I have my boat up for sale, appeal wise it is very similar to the boat your are talking about.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MESE:IT&ih=002
I owned a Villian 3 before. I actually got it instead of a Formula 242, biggest mistake I ever made. Sorry to say it was the biggest POS construction-wise. The fit and finish is very nice, but it ended up w/ major structural issues. Chapparral used plywood under the glass on the bottom of that boat. The motor mounts were made of a stack of 2x4's NAILED together, non marine wood. Turned to dust, which caused the bottom of the boat to crack since they put plywood there too. They also used the GAS TANK TO SUPPORT THE FLOOR!!!! My tank was destroyed because they left pop rivet heads underneath the tank which pushed into it and made small holes! The repair shop was horrified when they saw all of this and said Bayliners were better than my boat. I called Chapparal to ask about this and how to repair since the repair shop wasn't sure about the plywood in the hull (not talking transom either, in the damn hull!) , and they refused to comment. Also funny how they stopped making that model....

I am not trying to mess up your sale, but you are posting in the Formula forum and everything I said is 100% true as I lived through hell w/ that boat. Costs me THOUSANDS to fix. I will never buy another Chaparral again!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zdek
Why's that guy selling it? It was a great boat - I know you took good care of her.

How are your engines coming along?
He is getting a divorce. I know he loves it alot BUT i guess the divorce is getting bad. I should have kept that rig!!!!!

The engines should be done this week i was told. I hope so!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

majicfloat

I sold my 272 last April

with "rare" and in my opinion, desireable colors ( black gelcoat hull side with grey/yellow stripe

manning triple axle trailer
330's
470 original hrs
bravos
mint vinyl

$29,000

Ramb