Ride on 350SS and 400PC

Notices
Formula

Ride on 350SS and 400PC

Old 04-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Ride on 350SS and 400PC

I was at LOTO at the boat show this weekend and Selpel (Glencove Marina) took me out on a couple rides. One was the 350SS and the other was on a 400PC with diesels and the Volvo IPS joy stick system.

All I can say of both boats is awesome. There certainly is no comparison between the two. The 350SS is a great day boat, came on plane easily and rode great. The layout in the cockpit is outstanding. This one had 375s, ran 54 with 4 guys and a half tank of gas. Cruises nicely around 30, and you can keep it on plane down to upper teens.

Obviously the 400PC is much larger. But with the diesels and the Volvo IPS system, you would never know it when around the docks. Steve let me play with the IPS system a bit and it is incredible. People just stare at you wondering how the heck you are making the boat do what it does. I've heard seasoned captains say it makes it so a new person can drive a boat like a pro. That is true, but honestly, I don't think the most seasoned driver can get a boat to do what IPS can get it to do. Steve may disagree since he is a USCG captain!

I am hoping the Merc Axius system works somewhere close to as well as IPS does.

Thanks Steve for the great rides anbd all the education. Hope to run into you again at LOTO soon.

Last edited by Mentalpause; 04-21-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for stopping in Sunday with your friends. I hope you and your wife enjoy you new boat soon. As I told you guys sunday, the IPS system in the 40PC will make anyone a GREAT captain, and how much you can scare fellow boaters will depend on how much you pratice. If you guys get the chance you need to ride in a 45 Yacht doing the same thing, then take off at 40 mph. What a rush!!
Talk to you soon!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by selpel
Thank you for stopping in Sunday with your friends. I hope you and your wife enjoy you new boat soon. As I told you guys sunday, the IPS system in the 40PC will make anyone a GREAT captain, and how much you can scare fellow boaters will depend on how much you pratice. If you guys get the chance you need to ride in a 45 Yacht doing the same thing, then take off at 40 mph. What a rush!!
Talk to you soon!
When my wife and I come down next, and she is feeling better than last weekend - I will call you and take you up on a ride in a 45. Maybe we can tag along with another demo rider.