Water Under Step Again--Not windsheild

Notices
Formula

Water Under Step Again--Not windsheild

Old 04-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Under Step Again--Not windsheild

Hey guys. I know everyone has had this problem with the leaky windshield but I just spent about 4 hours with a buddy completely taking my windshield apart and resealing everything with a real thick bead of silicon and silicon all the screw holes and wiring harness for the light. I had some rain last night and I looked in the cabin this morning and I had water under that step again! I also had my cover on which goes over the windshield. By the way the boat is in my driveway so that should rule out the drains for the sink and ice box. Where do I start now? Hatch, cover snaps, cleat??
Old 04-30-2008, 10:36 AM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have the same problem, Im going to look into the Anchor storage drain line, there must be a hose clamp loose or something, im going to look into mine this weekend a little more, thats the only place that i can think of.pissing me off.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Registered

+1

Grand Times hit the nail on the head. Sometimes the anchor drain clogs and the overflow goes into the cabin.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah - but on a 242, you don't have an anchor locker up front, do you? I'd check the hatch.

If all else fails, double-check the cover, get a hose and spray it (high) above the boat so it falls from above, or at least from the direction the prevailing wind blows. Have someone watch where the water goes....
Old 04-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Registered

the 242 does not have a anchor locker so it isnt that. Think im going to just pull the hatch off and re seal that then pull the cleat and anything else I can get my hands on. The stupid leak has been pissing me off also!
Old 05-04-2008, 09:45 PM

I have the same type of thing going on with my 272. I thought it was the plug leaking on the drain pipe that goes back to the bilge. I wet vac'd all the water from the drain pipe and found that water is seeping from where the drain pipe was glassed around to the bulkhead it comes through under the step. I dont know if the plastic pipe that is glassed in under the step goes full length to the bilge or if it is just the drain passage through the bulkhead under the step. I am thinking of drilling a small hole along side of the drain pipe to see if I can get the water out that is laying in there. I also believe that the fuel tank is on the other side so caution and slow going with the drill will be the rule. Anyone had the center section of the cockpit removed and taken a look?