Finally starting to feel like summer! >

Finally starting to feel like summer!

Notices
Formula

Finally starting to feel like summer!

Old 05-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Finally starting to feel like summer!

It has been rainy and cold here in Missouri what seems like forever. Finally sunny and warm today! Got the boat out of the garage, ran the engines on the hose, changed the fuel filters, and flushed/filled the fresh water tank. Just got to load her up and we're ready to go! It looks like the Mississippi river should drop enough to get out on Memorial weekend.

Here are a couple pics. Check out the new Latham drive showers I installed over the winter. Boy, the back of this 292 looks like it's ready for business! Too bad I am still runing stock 6.2's... For now!
Attached Thumbnails Finally starting to feel like summer!-boat-driveway-005.jpg   Finally starting to feel like summer!-boat-driveway-004.jpg  
Old 05-17-2008, 02:17 PM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lookn good
Old 05-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Registered

Nice looking boat...
Old 05-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Those showers do look good...as does the whole boat. You're sure to have a good time.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:13 PM

i FINALLY MADE IT OUT!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU Forumla for a wonderful boat!!!! THANK YOU Ship yard marine for a great buying experiance!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Finally starting to feel like summer!-dsc02346_0037-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Finally starting to feel like summer!-dsc02350_0041.jpg   Finally starting to feel like summer!-dsc02351_0042.jpg  

Old 05-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Registered

Looking good - I've got my interior back together (had the back seat re-done), ran it on the hose and changed oil. Still have to do the drive service, and finish up the fiberglass touch ups before I hit the water though.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Registered

Thanks guys!

Shame, glad to see you got it in the water! I know it had to be especially tough waiting to get her out for the first time. How did everything go?

h2oboy, sure was a nice day today to work on them! You going to try the river soon or hit the lake?
Old 05-18-2008, 08:07 AM

[QUOTE=4mulafastech;2561324]Thanks guys!

Shame, glad to see you got it in the water! I know it had to be especially tough waiting to get her out for the first time. How did everything go?

QUOTE]

Everything was great!!! I am very envious of you now with you K-planes and latham steering. First uprade, K-planes!!! The bennets are just plane stupid in this boat. I took off the labbed 28's and have stock 26's on the boat. Still had some bow rise getting on plane and some blow-out, but still planed quicker then my Fountain and had great acceleration!! Depending on which direction I was going on the river, cruising speed at 3600 rpms was 10-15 mph then my Fountain was!!!! Yes, 10-15 mph!!! I did not open her up, still have less then 2 hours on it. But what I did do, I could not have been more happy!!!!!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Registered

Glad to hear all went well! Those 26's should pull really good in the mid-range! Even my labbed 28's pull pretty good. Did you get a chance to get in any rough water? I remember my first impression in the rough was wow this thing handles great!

Something that can help a little with the bow rise when planing is changing the trim-in limit spacers. These are located where the rod connects the rear of the hydraulic trim cylinders to the out drive. These spacers have two positions. My Formula came with them set to limit how far the drives tuck in. I swapped mine around so the drives tuck in a tad more and it helped. You just don't want to run fast or turn hard with the drives tucked all the way in, but I'm sure you knew that!
Old 05-19-2008, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Glad to hear all went well! Those 26's should pull really good in the mid-range! Even my labbed 28's pull pretty good. Did you get a chance to get in any rough water? I remember my first impression in the rough was wow this thing handles great!

Something that can help a little with the bow rise when planing is changing the trim-in limit spacers. These are located where the rod connects the rear of the hydraulic trim cylinders to the out drive. These spacers have two positions. My Formula came with them set to limit how far the drives tuck in. I swapped mine around so the drives tuck in a tad more and it helped. You just don't want to run fast or turn hard with the drives tucked all the way in, but I'm sure you knew that!

I wish we had some chop, it was dead flat with no boat traffic. I will look at the drives this morning for the spacers. Thanks for the tip!!

Quick Reply: Finally starting to feel like summer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.