No boating for awhile!!!

Notices
Formula

No boating for awhile!!!

Old 06-12-2008, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
Sorry to hear Shame I hope for the best for you guys

I hate to say this becasue I think I am a strong person, but damn it is so hard to not just break down while watching what is going on all over Iowa, IL, and WI.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

shame how r things? is it true your not a speedwake member anymore?
Old 06-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Banned

shame how r things? is it true your not a speedwake member anymore?
Whats sppedwake?
Old 06-14-2008, 07:16 AM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Hey, Bill, how is it going for you out there in Iowa? Hope everything and everyone is doing well.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:32 AM

Well,,,

Thanks for asking guys...
It has been a LONG 48 hours... Chit broke loose Thursday evening with a tornado 2 miles from my house, then the heavy rains let go. We got 6 inches in 4 hours and well, that is just too much water especially after all of the rain we have recieved. We got the orders to evacuate about midnight Thursday, but my stubborn azz refused and a damn good thing I did! I am the only neighbor to save mybasement from flood water! F U C K that small river, you are not beating my family and house!!!! 3 neighbors lost their foundations, all others lost everthing in their basements. about 1 dozen houses on my block and the next block over had water up on there main floor as well. (our first floors are elevated here). I had not been to bed since Wed, finally passed out Friday night about 9...phew, I am tired.... I had 3 big pumps going in my basement from about 10 or 11 Thrusday night and FINALLY was able to shut them off Friday around 4ish in the afternoon. Time is a bit of a blurr... Got my garage emptied from all of the mud and disinfected, so now the drying continues. I BEAT THAT F U C KING small river!!!!! (for now)....

The Mississippi is now supposed to crest at 21.9 feet, only a few inches shy of the record fllod of 93. so we are definately not out of the woods yet.... I have not broken down yet, just too tired I think, but I know it is coming becasue not only the area where I live but so much of Iowa, IL, and WI are simply devistated. Man, am I lucky to still have my house now...
Old 06-14-2008, 07:34 AM

is it true your not a speedwake member anymore?

True..

Do not ask why, becasue I do not know, only Jeff knows...
Old 06-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I hope all is going well, I have never been through something like that. It sounds like you haven`t given up that`s great, stay positive.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shameless
True..

Do not ask why, becasue I do not know, only Jeff knows...
I dont get it unless I missed something, anywayz I am glad you were able to save everything and hope you have gone thru the worse of it already, keep me posted bud and get some sleep
Old 06-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shame , We have disagreed on more than one occassion but my heart certainly goes out to you as a fellow boater and human being. Hope you get though all this chit quickly and with as little loss as possible.
And I always thought there was never much water in Iowa

Cal(Mopower)
Old 06-16-2008, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by mopower
Shame , We have disagreed on more than one occassion but my heart certainly goes out to you as a fellow boater and human being. Hope you get though all this chit quickly and with as little loss as possible.
And I always thought there was never much water in Iowa

Cal(Mopower)

Disagreements can be fun...if we all agreed on everything, how boreing would that be???

Thanks for the thoughs!!!

Quick Reply: No boating for awhile!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.