'79 Formula 255 Liberator Update >

'79 Formula 255 Liberator Update

Notices
Formula

'79 Formula 255 Liberator Update

Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

John who is doing the gauges/rigging? Looks good, rare view of the "in process" thank you for the pics!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
John who is doing the gauges/rigging? Looks good, rare view of the "in process" thank you for the pics!
A cool guy in Ft. Lauderdale named Kevin. Kevin has a real passion for what he does..he's meticulous, thorough and last but not least fast.

He's one of a rare breed that does a lot of high end Yacht and Sport Fish work that loves to reach back in time and drag an occasional classic to the present. I had to not only sell him on the project but also had to demonstrate my own passion for it to get him involved.

You have to be passionate to get thru these projects...as you well know.

While he's been doing mine he's also "Sack Deep" into a 70's era 42' Egg Harbor Sport Fish with twin 3208 diesels....buzzing around the shop listening to "Chill" on Sirius XM.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Registered

Default Final Instrument wiring and new fuse panel

First Class Job...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Now i can get to the back of the instrument panel without being a malnourished Ethiopian.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great. Even nicer than what Formula does today.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sprink58
I guess this is what you get into putting modern propulsion and rigging into a 35 year old Formula...the Classic Lines with modern power...

[IMG][/IMG]
Love this picture looks great. Wiring looks real clean and those gauges look to go well with the rest of the boat, nice.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Deanrw3
Love this picture looks great. Wiring looks real clean and those gauges look to go well with the rest of the boat, nice.
Thanks Dean. There is something very cool about blending the Old with the New...best of both worlds I guess.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey John, hopefully things are going well with you and your significant other. Is the wiring done on her yet? When do think the next run will be? Oh, and hope your wife is doing well also.....

I forget if I asked or not, what is up with carbs? Did you run your quadrajets or is there something else on the motors? I am going to order at least one rebuilt one from national for the $270 unless you still have some to sell. No pressure! LOL.

hmm, I guess I could also post in the WTB section, who would have thought of using something like that.

Can't wait to see video of you running your beast, best of luck!

Brian
Old 04-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Registered

Well..here's where it is at this point.

All of the new wiring and rigging is complete. Regarding the wiring I now have NEW Mercruiser wiring harnesses on both engines. 2: NEW Mercruiser Engine to Helm harnesses. All NEW Faria white face gauges including Speedometer. Tachometers, Oil Pressure, Water Temp, Volt Meters, Trim Indicator, and Fuel. The steering ram is NEW Mercruiser, now mounted on the Port Side, NEW Teleflex steering cable 36" longer to go to the Port Side. the Fuse Panel is new with horse shoe style fuses. The switch panel is new with all new back lit and labeled rocker switches....including new rockers for the drive trim. I ran all NEW battery cables and put the 1 year old GP 27 batteries in new battery boxes. Installed a NEW Perko Battery Switch. The NEW Rule 3000 GPH bilge Pump with 1" x 12' NEW clear "Red Line " braided discharge hose into a NEW Stainless Steel thru hull discharge. (This thing shoots a stream 25' from the boat!!) and 2: new 4" bilge blowers. All of the cables are tie wrapped, stainless Edel Clamped and set with stainless steel screws and fasteners.

Since I now have located the steering ram to the Port Side,(see previous posts) there can be no internal tie bar so an outside Tie Bar is necessary. I ordered a new one from Chief tonight and should get it Tuesday. That should complete the rigging of this phase.

Motors and drives start going back in tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

john just a memory refresh ,,dont know if you kept the pic's..bot was it a pain getting behind the dash to wire everything up buy you saw the work i went through making the dash a nice gelcoat and then to have it sit where it at now..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.