Notices
Formula

Formula 311

Old 07-31-2002, 12:43 AM
DJW
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formula 311

Need to sell 1988 311. Repowered, with new EMI Thunder, new carbs, new everything. Bravo drives with Imco showers. Alluminium swim platform. New cabin uppoltery (I can't spell) new Imron paint, 1996 Fastload triple axle trailer , garage kept and in excellent condition, boat looks much newer than it is. $48,000

Call Dan @ 609-314-7193 or email ( see profile )
Old 07-31-2002, 07:50 AM
WES311SR1

I'm redoing my 1991 311 , can you send me some pics. I need them to see how the swim platform looks. and also may give me some other ideas. thanks. I will ask around and see if anyone is looking for a formula.

Old 07-31-2002, 09:47 PM
DJW
Registered

Wes,

I hate to say it but I don't know how to send pictures. If you email me your address, I will send you some real photos. It will be faster than me getting someone to help me post pics.

Dan
Old 07-31-2002, 10:38 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Originally posted by DJW
Wes,

I hate to say it but I don't know how to send pictures. If you email me your address, I will send you some real photos. It will be faster than me getting someone to help me post pics.

Dan
You Dumb ass!!!!! now get back to work.
Old 08-02-2002, 09:22 PM
my BAJAmas

I am currently looking at a 1988 SR1 311 w/TRS drives and 420HP 454's. Could you guys gimme some advice, as to your likes and dislikes on this boat. I am currently running a 96 Outlaw, but I want to switch to twins.
Any problems with the boats I should know about, do they still make parts for the TRS drives?
What can I expect for performance etc?
ps. if you have any photos to send,, I would appreciate that too,
Thanks guys
Bryan Price
[email protected]

Old 08-02-2002, 09:31 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my TRS drives. I know they get lots of bad press but running 420's through them should be no problem. My buddy is running 750hp through them on a 38 Cig. Top Gun and they have been fine. There are some parts that are not available from Mercury but there are however PLENTY of used parts that are out there as these drives were VERY popular. I would look closely at the transom of the boat and make sure it is solid. Not that this is so much a problem with Formulas but any boat that old if the owner did not install things correctly over the years then there could be problem.

Jon
Old 08-02-2002, 11:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in '88 the Formula 311SR1 was offshore boat of the year.
they (all Formulas for that matter) are timeless. i have a 272 and a 311 will be my next boat. my friend JUST bought a 311 in mint condition with 420's and trs. prev owner claimed 70mph on gps. we saw 65 in flat water with a new (him) driver. so I think 70 is possible in the right conditions.

go for it. if you don't like it, sell it to me

in very good condition, they are selling $40's to close to $60k in the Michigan area, with trailer.
most mint ones are getting in the 50's still!!! and they are out there because formula owners take care of their boats!!!

right??!!
Old 08-03-2002, 10:28 AM
my BAJAmas

Thanks so much guys,
This particular 311 is selling for $55K CDN, the owner just spent $20K on the motors and drives, apparantly the interior is a little worn,,but it's a 14 year old boat. So that is to be expected.
I am heading out the door as soon as I am done here to check it out.
I will keep you posted.
Bryan

Old 08-07-2002, 12:58 PM
Registered

How 'bout an update?????
Old 08-08-2002, 11:51 PM
my BAJAmas

I went to check the 311 on Saturday, and apart from needing a good cleaning,, the boat was pretty solid, the sunpad needs to be redone, and the carpet in the cuddy needs a steamclean,, but other than that, a beautiful boat.
I can't believe the amount of room in the cuddy!!!
There was also a 277 there, garage kept, mint mint mint.
I am taking my outlaw up for an appraisal this weekend, to see what the difference will be on a trade.
I am getting him to run some numbers on the 277 aswell.
I am hopefully water testing it this weekend also.
My friend Kingpin and I are water testing the lightening he is looking at too.
I will keep you posted!
BP

Quick Reply: Formula 311

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.