Bottom paint ???

Notices
Formula

Bottom paint ???

Old 08-25-2002, 11:25 AM
The Raven

Default Bottom paint ???

Hi group this is an OD question.
Any one ever hear about Clear bottom paint?? Something that I could apply. [ brush or spray have a gun and compressor]
WHY this will kill ya. My 1984 Formula 242 LS/SR1 is like Cudas
Colors are White deck,Black sheer band , light gray hull, and Black bottom . The bottom was painted when I got it, so I left it due to I have a slip that I leave it in , but have to pull it every few weeks to clean off the UGLY salt water stains on the sides. The stains are there due to the bottom paint does not go high enough on the side due to the weight of Two small blocks.
If I added paint that high it would go up an angle form about mid ship to 11" higher at the transom. Which would look like $hit when she came up on plane.
OK I'm up for Ideas. Please post here or contact direct
[email protected]
PS Thanks to Cuda for turning me on to this place!!
I would post Pics but have NO idea how.

Old 08-25-2002, 05:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is how the bottom paint was on mine. I had a guy bead blast it off. Do not make that mistake if you decide to remove the bottom paint. In some places it looks like they shot my hull with #8 birdshot. I wasn't happy at all. They also didn't get all of it off. My other Formula had bp also. I rented a pressure washer with a sand attachment and blew it off myself. I wish I would have done it with this one too. It is much smoother than the bead blast job.

Here is exactly how high your bp would have to go. Yes it does look like chit with the bp that high.
Attached Thumbnails Bottom paint ???-bp.jpg  
Old 08-25-2002, 11:57 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There is not a product that I know of that will work the way you want. HOWEVER bottom paints do come in different colors so I always wondered why people do not paint the bottom to match the white and like in cudas instance red to match the sides and any stripes. It would take just a little bit longer but it should look better then the stuff that I have seen.

Jon