Ideas for cooling down 292 engine compartment >

Ideas for cooling down 292 engine compartment

Notices
Formula

Ideas for cooling down 292 engine compartment

Old 01-05-2018, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave, part numbers and details for the FA are in the thread....also how I connected them.
No guarantee on speed increase.
I have mentioned this to you before. Dump the 28p props and get 26p. I have another thread on this too that you can find. I think you usually have your boat loaded up...another reason to get the 26p
Old 01-06-2018, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 525 Likes on 211 Posts

The part number for the flame arrestor is in this post. I kind of lost track going back and forth to all the linked sites in this post. I thought you may have known the part number off the top of your head saving me the reread.

Also I do run my boat 99% of the time with a full tank of gas, two people, dog and overnight gear, running a Bravo 1-28 pitch. 60 mph is all I can get out of it . I'm going to try a 26 pitch prop on the boat as soon as they get to the house.

After I reread all the posts again, your top end was 66 mph with a full tank of fuel, two people, gear, running a Bravo 1-28 pitch prop. (post24) So, after you installed your flame arrestor, your air induction along with your spacer for your engine compartment, how many miles per hour more did you gain? If now you're running 66 mph, what were you running before that?
Old 01-07-2018, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really do not think the FA made any real difference. The quoted speed differences would have been in different conditions etc. I, like you, have been searching for the magic unicorn for the 6.2 powered 292. Fact is that they are borderline on torque to push any 28...labbed or not. It is only when you have a light load, and perfect conditions that the 28s are the right prop for this boat. Like you, I usually have mor fuel on board, and at least two people...normally more. This makes the planing capability for the 26p soooooo much better.
I Now have 26p for most conditions and a set of 28p labbed props that were tuned for my boat that actually got me close to the 69mph mark......with two people and a pretty light load. These props will stay in the shop most of the time.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 525 Likes on 211 Posts

Who did the Lab work on your props? Can't find where you welded extensions to your trim tabs.

The Cat exhaust manifold weighs in at about 110 lbs. each or 440 lbs total. That's Manifold, Catalyst and 2'' risers. With a gallon of gas weighing in at 6.3 lbs, that equates to 70 gallons of gas sitting on the ASS of the boat!

Hardin Marine sells a device that cuts out the O2 sensors. Whipple flashed your PCM. Both have Pro's/Con's, BUT your able to get ride of the weight. Hardin Marine and Stainless Marine are in Fl. Where I'm at. Both have there own manifolds. Hardin makes theirs out of state, while Stainless is in house. Stainless Marine Manifolds are 8lbs each! THAT is one hell of a difference.

No matter what route I take, I'll keep the OEM manifolds. When I sell the boat, the new owner can put it back stock if they like....

Links below.

Hardin Marine - Max Volt Catalyst Eliminator Computer

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=273

Last edited by AmiableDave; 01-08-2018 at 11:36 AM.