Notices
Formula

292 Fastech refurbishment thread

Old 10-06-2021, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by AllDodge
Looks great, nice work
Don't like those single point drains. Those things will crack someday and the single point have clogged before and can cause a crack block
I always run anti-freeze through and drain before winter to be safe.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Check your pumps for the proper impeller installation. I ordered a couple pumps last winter and installed them in the spring. The port pump made a terrible noise on first start up and never flowed any water. Ruined my first outing of the season. Took it back to the garage and found the impeller had exploded. I didn't pay much attention when I installed the pumps to make sure the impeller rotation on the new pumps matched the old pumps.... So I guess it is my fault but the one pump was assembled wrong from Hardin and destroyed the impeller on start up. Hardin sent me a rebuild kit for free but it was very irritating and disappointing after waiting for the pumps for almost 4 months.
The following users liked this post:
BL6 (10-24-2022)
Old 03-06-2022, 07:56 AM
Registered

Hey everyone, I know I've been MIA for a while, so here's what's going on. I completely missed the 2021 season, with that being said, I decided to have my engines freshened up/built. Might as well spend some more money and go fast lol. I dropped them off by Tyler Crockett and I can't wait to see what the results will be! As for the hull, slowly moving forward, I emphasize slowly. I should have everything mounted on the transom in the next week or two. Will try to post pictures later, this reply is not letting me at the moment. I will tell you this much, I'm beyond excited for this coming season, regardless of current times and fuel prices!
The following 3 users liked this post by Franks292:
CharlieWhiskey85 (03-10-2022), Revd Up (08-08-2023), SabrToothSqrl (03-06-2022)
Old 03-06-2022, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 290 Likes on 167 Posts

Amazing work. keep up the photos!

68 days until boating season 2022 for us.
BL6 (10-24-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 07:41 PM
Registered

Both transom assemblies mounted

Custom inner transom plate i made for my imco steering

My small blocks on pallets being dropped off by Tyler Crockett Marine.
CharlieWhiskey85 (03-10-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 290 Likes on 167 Posts

that's one sexy inner plate. And I am very jealous of those new transom assemblies.

When do you bolt on the super chargers?!
Franks292 (05-14-2022)
Old 03-10-2022, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 56 Posts

Looks great! Can't wait to see what magic Tyler whips up for you!!
Old 03-24-2022, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Franks292
Both transom assemblies mounted

Custom inner transom plate i made for my imco steering

My small blocks on pallets being dropped off by Tyler Crockett Marine.
Your rebuild is looking good!

When you get them back if you could get a good picture of where the oil filter lines attach to the block i would greatly appreciate it! my hard line is dripping a bit where it goes back to rubber so i need to replace it but i cant fit between the motors to look in there so i have to remove that working from the top blind so it would be great to see what things i actually need to remove to get those lines off.. thanks!

Old 05-14-2022, 11:01 AM
Registered

Whats up guys?! Life has been crazy for me lately, been working 55 to 60 hours a week, but I have a few updates...
I'm still rigging the hull, so far the transom housings have been installed, steering holes have been all Drilled, now I am working on setting up the K planes and have already started drilling holes for those.
-The interior-
I have a custom gauge bezel being made as we speak for my new gauge and trim indicator setup. Purchased a new dash remote for the stereo. Purchased a hatch air conditioning unit for when i stay on the boat at the marina. Also have new LED cup holders.
-The drives-
Bought another lower for my port side because of a badly bent skeg on the old one. Dropped props off to be touched up and polished at my local prop shop.
-AND NOW FOR THE ENGINES!-
Waiting on Pistons and Rods as of last week. I decided to upgrade my cylinder heads also, which were surprisingly in stock at Summit. Excited to see Tyler work his magic on my engines. My goal is to make just as much or more than the mercury racing 377 scorpions. The 350 mag mpi Is seriously overlooked in modification for performance, I hope to change that with these engines. I simply can't afford to spend $30k on a set of new, drop-in engines, so I'm working with what I have.
Hope to bring you guys more updates more often. More pics coming soon too!
Old 05-14-2022, 11:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
that's one sexy inner plate. And I am very jealous of those new transom assemblies.

When do you bolt on the super chargers?!
Im glad I bought the new assemblies when i did, since then theyve gone up $800!!!!
No superchargers for me, gonna be N/A for a while... until I get bored lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.