292 fastech

Notices
Formula

292 fastech

Old 05-30-2021, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 292 fastech

hi. just bought it. twin 6.2s anyone have any advice? heard good and bad. top end, cruising speed, planeing off, etc.... thank you. comming off a fountain with a single 496 ho wich i like but....thanx!
Old 05-30-2021, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 290 Likes on 167 Posts

My 292 has twin 350s. I like it. Just put new short blocks in it last winter, and new imco external full hydro steering this winter.

If you're steering with a cable, which I was for years, and fighting it left/right to keep strait... something to think about. not cheap, but wow I love mine now.

Both of my original engines rusted inside due to the exhaust manifolds and elbows having never been replaced.
If yours are more than 4-5 years old, I'd get new ones on there ASAP!

if you get water under the step in the front - it's coming from your bilge - you can put a plug in the drain.

when you come off plane, slow down slowly for the last bit. if you go from high speed to low quickly, the azz end goes under water and you'll get a ton in the bilge.
Old 05-30-2021, 08:48 PM
Registered

thank you sir. looking forward to checking it out!!
Old 05-31-2021, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ellwood
hi. just bought it. twin 6.2s anyone have any advice? heard good and bad. top end, cruising speed, planeing off, etc.... thank you. comming off a fountain with a single 496 ho wich i like but....thanx!
I had no bad with my 292 with 6.2's. Planned quickly, and ran out to 70 mph at WOT. If you have to winterize, know that the Merc single point drain system is great in theory and stinks in real life. right way to do it is the old fashioned way of removing the lines from the block, and cleaning out hole and draining. The single point also tends to leak at the drain plug. Its an expensive piece, so if you don't care just seal the plug back in and forget it.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:09 PM
Registered

should be going in water tomorow so ........here we go. trial n error
The following users liked this post:
SabrToothSqrl (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 290 Likes on 167 Posts

get some pics!
Old 06-03-2021, 07:43 PM
Registered

its got the hot rod red imron paint job. i have no clue how to post pics. totally illiterate when it comes to that stuff. ill have to get my 25 year old nephew to do it...
Old 06-03-2021, 07:46 PM
Registered

there is a quick video of when it was brand new on you yube. hampton watercraft and marine services in new york. cool lookin boat.