353 Fuel Sending Unit

Notices
Formula

353 Fuel Sending Unit

Old 06-06-2021, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 353 Fuel Sending Unit

Hi all. Finally got my new to me 02 353 in the water and its a great boat. Only issue I found this weekend relates to the fuel gauge which shoots to fuel as soon as the key hits the runs position and stays at full for a short period of time, then drops to 1/4 full. I believe ( and confirmed again) that the boat was full of fuel. Sounds like a sending unit, but others may have a different thought based on what I described. After putting about 2-3 hours on it, it does not. show any drop in level at either the full mark or 1/4 full. Boat is an 02 353. Does anyone know specs on a fuel sending unit. Dealer only item or other sources. I know that tank depth is a must know dimension. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-06-2021, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Email Scott at Formula with your HIN and he’ll send you the part number you need for sending unit. You’ll find him and anyone at Formula to be amazing when it comes to your new boat!!
Old 06-07-2021, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Racngrn
Hi all. Finally got my new to me 02 353 in the water and its a great boat. Only issue I found this weekend relates to the fuel gauge which shoots to fuel as soon as the key hits the runs position and stays at full for a short period of time, then drops to 1/4 full. I believe ( and confirmed again) that the boat was full of fuel. Sounds like a sending unit, but others may have a different thought based on what I described. After putting about 2-3 hours on it, it does not. show any drop in level at either the full mark or 1/4 full. Boat is an 02 353. Does anyone know specs on a fuel sending unit. Dealer only item or other sources. I know that tank depth is a must know dimension. Thanks for your help.
I have same boat. Replaced with Centroid and it works great. Less than $100. Call them - they can help.
386-423-3574
Old 06-07-2021, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Guys. Scott provided a WEMA number and contact information for Florida Marine Tanks with part number. He's great. I see that WEMA appears to have been sold to another company, but the 14 inch sender looks to be generally available. I'll order that. Thanks for your help
Old 06-07-2021, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Racngrn
Thanks Guys. Scott provided a WEMA number and contact information for Florida Marine Tanks with part number. He's great. I see that WEMA appears to have been sold to another company, but the 14 inch sender looks to be generally available. I'll order that. Thanks for your help
You can certainly do want you want. Scott is awesome - he actually helped me today. The Centroid Sender that I installed seems different than the WEMA offerings by my quick review. The sender I installed is auto calibrated to the 353 Tank. I can supply more info if needed.