Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Show me yours Ill Show You Mine! (Formula That is) >

Show me yours Ill Show You Mine! (Formula That is)

Notices
Formula

Show me yours Ill Show You Mine! (Formula That is)

Old 12-18-2003, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"OFB", yeah, that was the set up my 242 had. Have not owned the boat since 97'. Now have a 311-SR1.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by Troutly
Bad-Habit....I found the other half and glued it on
Nice boat!!
Old 12-26-2003, 06:00 AM
Registered

this is BAD-ASS
Attached Thumbnails Show me yours Ill Show You Mine! (Formula That is)-98206086.jpg  
Old 12-26-2003, 08:46 PM
Registered

Here's an older picture of "Outlaw". Now has a white rub rail, white hatches, graphics changed a little, and the "idiot" poles are off the trailer. (Those were embarassing).
Attached Thumbnails Show me yours Ill Show You Mine! (Formula That is)-outlawthree.jpg  
Old 12-26-2003, 10:06 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Formula Outlaw,
Was it hard to change the rub rail. I've been thinking f doining it to mine too.
Old 12-27-2003, 12:04 PM
Registered

Actually, I cheated. I bought some special "fusion" paint and sprayed it flat white. It holds up reasonably well as long as you remember it is paint. I am going to swap it out later this year, but I just blew almost ten grand on both boat and trailer repairs so the new rub rail is going to have to wait awhile. They actually pretty easy to install. The hardest part is getting the old one off. When installing a new one it's helpful to have a buddy helping you and a good strong hairdryer or heat gun. Thats for heating it up (without burning it of course) to follow the corners and the bow front. I've done three so far and it's really not hard at all. You can get them from a multiple of marine rub rail suppliers, even West Marine and Boat U.S. and they come in a variety of colors.
Attached Thumbnails Show me yours Ill Show You Mine! (Formula That is)-outlaw-1.jpg  
Old 12-27-2003, 06:02 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Cheater .

I just didn't know if they were screws or if Formula was nice enough to use machine screws with nuts inside
I"ve seen the rails at West Marine and Boat US (now the same) in both teal and white. Just not sure which way to go.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:10 AM
Registered

"Mo", I don't know if their machine screws or not. If they are it's gonna be a ***** getting at them. I've found that when you drill a "tapping" hole first into the fiberglass, just SLIGHTLY smaller than the threads of the screw, they hold tight. It also helps to put a "locking" agent on the threads, but not a "permanent" locking agent so you can remove them if you want. The West Marine, ect. ones actually look really good when installed. The two I did from them looked absolutely factory when completed. On the ones I've replaced, the screws were not machine screws, but I have not done a Formula yet. Mine will be the first. I can't wait because you do have to touch up the paint once in a while, but it does make an incredible difference. I thought about maybe the teal also, but the boat has enough teal on it now so I'm gonna stay with white. I think all in all you can eight maybe ten different colors.
Old 12-28-2003, 11:11 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

FO,
I'm going outside right now and check. It's shrink wrapped but I have zippered door. It's also sunny , so it will be mild inside and I have to replace a couple of trim tab hoses as they are leaking slightly and my engines are out for the winter so I have all the room in the world right now.
I do like the white on the newer ones but the teal also caught my attention since mine is the same colors as yours.
Cal (mopower)

Last edited by mopower; 12-28-2003 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-28-2003, 12:52 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

FO,
Well that was a waste of time . There seems to be a machine screw , aluminum backer and nut on every third to fourth screw. The in between screw can't be from the outside since they are black and outside have a stainless head. They must be to fasten top to bottom. With the shrinkwrap in place it's hard to compare location (outside to inside). Have to wait till spring I guess.
Attached Thumbnails Show me yours Ill Show You Mine! (Formula That is)-dsc00507.jpg  

Quick Reply: Show me yours Ill Show You Mine! (Formula That is)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.