Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
What BIG yellow wire?

Gawd , I hope your kidding
Old 05-22-2003, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As it turns out, the screw holding the wire on the circuit breaker on the AC panel had come undone and was nowhere to be found. The screw for another one was also half out. An easy fix!!!! (once a found my round key to undo the panel......why do they use those things!)
Old 05-31-2003, 10:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

You already got it figured out, but YES, you can leave both bnreakers on all the time. The fridge will run on AC when present, and will drop to DC when AC is not present. It does this by itself, no switch flipping required. Does pull around 4 amps DC, so be sure you don't leave it sucking on your batts too long.

I noticed that my 311 was bad about tripping the main AC breaker every time I plugged in the shorepower. This became a hassle where I had to sandwich my tired fat ass back into the cabin and reset the breaker every time. No big deal if I wasn't alone, but I always was when throwing her on the lift (kids, guests, etc, all bailed to parking lot). I determined that the GROUND lug of the plug was not going in until the other 2 legs were in and the ground fault part of the breaker was kicking.

I filed down the hot leg some and now the spades go in NEUTRAL, GROUND, then HOT. No more popping breaker, and I can button up the cabin, be snapping down the cover, climb my butt out, THEN plug her in while the lift goes up with no worries. I DO stick my head against the hull to listen for the fridge humming (I turn off the battery switches so if it's running, it's on AC).