Post pictures of your formula!!!

Notices
Formula

Post pictures of your formula!!!

Old 10-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
I know what you mean about sickness. I came down with a serious case of something with my previous boat...
Now that had to be a rush and a half!!! Tell us a little about that nasty rig!!! Twin whats?
Old 10-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Registered

looks like tight corners there Blitz
Old 10-26-2009, 06:51 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by axapowell
I don't think I've ever posted any updated photos of my 353... Dave
Pretty slick, Dave. Gotta love them blinged-out step pads. I screwed up the powdercoat job on mine, so I have to re-do them this winter.
I'm thinking about powdercoating my bolster bases, legs, and seat bases in sliver where you have red, but was not going to do the handles, as I'm worried about them getting hot. Have you had any problems with that?

Your boat looks great, and the numbers are strong. We'd love to come up to 1000 Islands again - haven't been there since the Poker Run in 1999. Why don't you and the gang trailer the fleet down to Chesapeake Bay for a long weekend next summer? You can boat down here in mid-May no problem....
Old 10-26-2009, 07:39 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Originally Posted by C_Spray
I'm thinking about powdercoating my bolster bases, legs, and seat bases in sliver where you have red, but was not going to do the handles, as I'm worried about them getting hot. Have you had any problems with that?

Your boat looks great, and the numbers are strong. We'd love to come up to 1000 Islands again - haven't been there since the Poker Run in 1999. Why don't you and the gang trailer the fleet down to Chesapeake Bay for a long weekend next summer? You can boat down here in mid-May no problem....
Thanks for the compliments! As for the handles, no problems with the powder coating. A few chips here and there from the screws in the bases (contact against the powder) that I will cover with two polished plates. I'll share pictures of that project when the time comes.

As far as the trip, you never know where we might go next year! But if you can gather up a crew to make it to the 1000 Islands, I GUARANTEE a good time!

Dave
Old 10-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Now that had to be a rush and a half!!! Tell us a little about that nasty rig!!! Twin whats?
I probably shouldn't be posting pics of a non-Formula, but oh well... I own a Formula now!

1994 Talon 22' tunnel hull (1250 lbs less engines). Twin 245 HP Merc HP 2.5L. 110 HP Nitrox nitrous oxide system (per engine) using 100% alchohol as the enrichment fuel. Hull mounted water pick-ups and ran 28" clevers full surfacing. Also ran 30" occassionally.

Scary quick. 40-80 mph in less than 3 seconds. No kidding. Radared at 110 mph with the small props. I was into acceleration more than top speed. Had the boat from 1993-2000. Never lost a race, grudge match, whatever you want to call it, and I raced a lot. Didn't race it professionally.

Yes, it was a sickness.
Attached Thumbnails Post pictures of your formula!!!-pic3.jpg   Post pictures of your formula!!!-rear1.jpg   Post pictures of your formula!!!-pic2.jpg  

Old 10-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
looks like tight corners there Blitz
yeah looks a bit tight in the photo but actually it's pretty good, can spin her in her own length with the twins...the 27 has gotta be the easiest to manouver.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Nice!! Same colors as mine. 'Course, they only made five hundred trillion Palm Beachers!!!
Yeah there is a few of them in the PB colours but i'm fairly confident that mine is the only one this side of the atlantic, in the UK anyaway! I reckon the late 80s early 90s Formulas are the best looking, you cant beat the lines.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
I probably shouldn't be posting pics of a non-Formula, but oh well... I own a Formula now!

1994 Talon 22' tunnel hull (1250 lbs less engines). Twin 245 HP Merc HP 2.5L. 110 HP Nitrox nitrous oxide system (per engine) using 100% alchohol as the enrichment fuel. Hull mounted water pick-ups and ran 28" clevers full surfacing. Also ran 30" occassionally.

Scary quick. 40-80 mph in less than 3 seconds. No kidding. Radared at 110 mph with the small props. I was into acceleration more than top speed. Had the boat from 1993-2000. Never lost a race, grudge match, whatever you want to call it, and I raced a lot. Didn't race it professionally.

Yes, it was a sickness.
As my kid would say "Sweet" that thing is "Sick" !!!!

Those are our snowmobile kind of numbers .....

Did you ever spill your drink?

Jeff
Old 10-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Pretty slick, Dave. Gotta love them blinged-out step pads. I screwed up the powdercoat job on mine, so I have to re-do them this winter.

My buddies go down every year to the Chesapeke Bay area for a week ..... Hustler Sling Shot named "Bad Habit" and a Formula 382 named "High Voltage" .....

They love it there ....

Jeff
Old 10-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Blitz5730
My 1991 272-SR1.....lives in the UK!!

Bird,

You need one of those anchor deals for the pond boating or to lasso a pontoon boat when they sink in front of you.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Post pictures of your formula!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.