Post pictures of your formula!!! >

Post pictures of your formula!!!

Notices
Formula

Post pictures of your formula!!!

Old 09-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey John, she looks awesome sitting on the water! I wonder if the marine patrol driving the boat sitting behind you was just a tad jealous that you had more freeboard than him?! We had mostly cloudy skies and low 60s up here, so summer went out much like it came in -- below normal. We're all hoping for a warmer and longer one next year . . . . .
Old 09-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hematite
I looked at that 232 and was torn between buying it or the 260SS that Craig had at that time. Big difference in price, of course. I bought the 260 primarily because the wife (partially handicapped) was able to get on and off the 260 without problem.

That 232 is in exceptional condition for the age, you will get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Very nice boat!
Thanks, I just picked the boat up on wednesday. Craigs a great guy at Dockside in Lake George. Real smooth deal and he got me a nice trailer at his cost. I got out the compound and wax yesterday. Here she is all cleaned up after about 6 hours of buffing. The deck was oxidized real bad

Old 09-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Registered

She looks great! Don't feel too bad about the deck oxidation, this 2008 260SS had a well oxidized front deck as well. Took a bit of work to get it right.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Registered

She looks great! Don't feel too bad about the deck oxidation, this 2008 260SS had a well oxidized front deck as well. Took a bit of work to get it right.
Thanks, I went from 3m heavy grit compound - Fine grit compound - machine polish - colinite wax and it still isn't as nice as I want it. My body hurts today! I'm sure your boat is in nice shape also coming from a lake. Every boat I looked at up there was well maintained but this one caught my attention the most.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Registered

I was able to get away with just using Color Restorer from Meguiars but it was a job! I'm glad things worked out, Craig is good people for sure. I agree that when going used, a clean fresh water lake boat is definitely the way to go.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Registered

Here's a pic of the 260SS tied up to a day use dock on an island in Lake George. Georgeous scenery, for sure.

That big swim platform and the walk through make it possible for my wife to be able to get on the boat.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a pic of the 260SS tied up to a day use dock on an island in Lake George. Georgeous scenery, for sure.

That big swim platform and the walk through make it possible for my wife to be able to get on the boat.
one of these days I wanna boat up there heard its a PITA thou
Old 09-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Registered

Nice boat! I am planning on renting a slip for the adirondack nationals next year and using the boat for a few days. We took a tour boat around up there this year and what a nice lake it was
Old 09-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Registered

Well, Lake George IS a PITA in a number of ways. First and foremost: ROCKS! They're everywhere. Most are marked pretty well. Notice I said MOST. Better get some good charts and plan your course carefully and ask questions of locals.
Next, during the Summer busy season, expect tremendous amount of boat traffic on the lower half of the Lake and a LOT of LEO's to go along with that.
I'm not very knowlegeable about the Lake but I have heard about the downsides. The scenery IS georgeous, however.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CT232LS
Thanks, I just picked the boat up on wednesday. Craigs a great guy at Dockside in Lake George. Real smooth deal and he got me a nice trailer at his cost. I got out the compound and wax yesterday. Here she is all cleaned up after about 6 hours of buffing. The deck was oxidized real bad

Can you move the rubrail at all with your hands? This looks funny.....

Quick Reply: Post pictures of your formula!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.