Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
Post pictures of your formula!!! >

Post pictures of your formula!!!

Notices
Formula

Post pictures of your formula!!!

Old 11-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Dave S

Default Re: Post pictures of your formula!!!

The color is GM fire red (applied on corvette). The tabs were painted on the boat and the drives off. I just took out the thru transom units to re-paint / replace the bearings with the rest of the drive and re-seal the units to the transom.
The one bearing that went in the drive did some housing damage so that's off to Archer - they were only 3 years old.
Thanks for the advice on the platform! The lightning exhaust we have is 6" where it goes through the transom in order to install the silencer and still maintain the 4" diameter throughout......no reglassing had to be done.

Do you have the original sea strainers? I have a cracked lid and want to replace. Ideas?

Old 11-16-2004, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the originals, Try posting in the tech forum, they will steer you in the right direction. I just went up and reviewed your exhaust. Those silencers are monsters! Looks really nice though. I was curious what your cruising speed was, say at 3500rpm? That is one of the main reasons I want to power up. Right now I have to run at a pretty high rpm to keep this hog cruising. It would be nice to see 50's at 3500. I could prop up but then I loose top rpm, Just needs 700hp per side! Are you running the Twin Disc Trannies? 1.54:1 with 1:1 gears in the Kaama's?
Old 11-16-2004, 01:52 PM
alj
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave,
Al here. I love your boat. I bought my F402 in January 2000 and had been in touch with the broker on your boat but never went to see it. I think it was with Canadas Choice Boat Brokerage in Winsor Ont or something like that. Just couldn't swing the coin they were asking for yours at that time so I pulled the trigger on my F402. (not sure if that was the right decision) Anyway your boat is gorgeous! Give It To Me!!!!! About the sea strainers. Do you guys have the brass perko units with the 1 1/4" inlet and outlet? See attachment. If you use the same one Dave, it is Perko #493 007 PLB. Parts are readily available. I bought rubber gasket rebuild kits for mine at Boat US. An old Boat US catalog (not the new Westmarine version) listed the top cover available as part #493 007 99C (Perko number) with a Boat US item #168861. $15.99 with a rubber gasket. Find it on page 443 of the 2003 Boat US catalog. Current West/Boat US catalog doesn't have it but that doesn't mean it isn't in their system. A marine wholesaler just south of Milwaukee had an entire unit a while back but I don't know if he still has it. Email me and I'll find their contact info for you. [email protected]. Hey, you have any problems with the trannies or drives with that much horsepower? And my standard question.... What ratio is in the drives and what props are you running? Enquiring minds still haven't figured out the correct setup for my F402.
Attached Thumbnails Post pictures of your formula!!!-dvc00200.jpg  
Old 11-16-2004, 02:08 PM
alj
Registered

Hey Josh......
How's it going? Well from the pic above you can see a motor is out. #4 on the port engine was pumping oil. Motor runs but there was so much oil that #4 couldn't possibly be firing. Ring, Valve seal, ???? Not sure yet. Another interesting find. Remember that my drives were tagged as +8% overdrive gears? Well I got brave and pulled the drives off. But just before I did that, I checked the drive ratio with the port side engine and trans out of the boat. Well..... one turn of the inside flange produces exactly one turn of the prop. The drives aren't +8% overdrive. I have 1:1 gears! And I really don't believe that anyone would have changed them unless it was done at the factory when the boat was originally built or at the selling dealer in order to tweak the setup at the time of the original sale. Checked the starboard side as well and it also has the 1:1 gears. So it's back to the drawing board .............
Hey Cuda, I've got the box out with all the bearings and seals but I want to try and match things up on the drive if I can. I'll send info when it makes more sense but right now these could be bearings and seals that the previous owner used on his bicycle. I'll let you know.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Registered

Alj
I was wondering when you were going to chime in on this one. That's a nice close up on the sea strainer!! I knew someone would have some insight just not a full scale picture. Good call!! Dave's boat is bad AZZ. I am using it for a template!! Someday my resin bucket 357 will see 80.(on the water not on the trailer.) And maybe you will see 50 in the 402 next summer!! (just kidding) I know that is a touchy subject with you.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:24 PM
alj
Registered

Josh...... Thats really harsh dude. Just for that I've decided to deal with this once and for all! Two Lycoming Turbines!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only thing that will really suck is all that beautiful upholstery work on the hatch is going down the drain then. Unless??......... Maybe this old bird has the room to exhaust turbines through the transom.

Dave, I screwed up dude. That part number I gave you for the cover is really the part number for the Polycarbonate transparent cylinder. That might be useful too! Correct Perko #493 007 99E (suffix E as in edward). Boat US item number was correct.
Later........

Harsh Dude! Very Harsh!
Old 11-16-2004, 02:27 PM
Registered

Alj..
your post beat mine!! I did notice your engine was out. I though that may have been from before. Sorry to hear about your find. As far as the drive ratio goes. It is strange that you are only able to spin those 24p props at 4500 rpm if the ratio is really 1:1. Maybe has somthing to do with sick engines. Hope the 540's aren't too bad off. This whole thing is getting me knotted up. I can't wait to here some good news on your 402. Sounds like Dave S has the ticket.
Oh yeh, I was only kidding about the 50 mph thing. You are most likely up in arms with this sh*t about now.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:47 PM
Registered

getting extension boxes this winter
Attached Thumbnails Post pictures of your formula!!!-formula1.jpg  
Old 11-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Banned

Mine has what I believe is an Extreme Marine platform on it. I have the same sea strainers as alj. I guess it would have killed them to move those strainers a quater inch away from the stringers.
Attached Thumbnails Post pictures of your formula!!!-swim-platform.jpg   Post pictures of your formula!!!-k2.jpg  
Old 11-17-2004, 01:56 PM
Dave S

Cuda that looks great i think i have found the ticket thanks for the pic's. I think we will make a similar one next winter.

Quick Reply: Post pictures of your formula!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.