Running Light cover and rubber bumpers >

Running Light cover and rubber bumpers

Notices
Formula

Running Light cover and rubber bumpers

Old 01-23-2004, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running Light cover and rubber bumpers

OK, here are a couple of questions for you Formula restorers. I have a 1999 271 Fastech which has had two reoccurring irritations, looking for a long term fix.

First, the plastic cover that goes in the rear running light socket (when not in use) keeps breaking at the plastic "hinge" and then is lost (probably by my kids climbing in and out at the beach). I have replaced it three times now (twice by the dealer) Looking either for a replacement or better socket (needs to be white).

Secondly, the rubber "bumpers" that are in the swim ladder keep coming out, I have tried gluing them in with a variety of glues, finally got one to work, but not before I had lost another bumper. These do not seem to be the same bumpers that I can find at a hardware store, any suggestions?
Old 01-24-2004, 11:50 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, Bill - how's it going? Can you post some pictures of the parts you're atlking about? Boatshow season is coming up, and we'll all be browsing the hardware aisles...
Old 01-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be watching this thread also. I have the same issues on my 1999 271 Fastech.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:21 PM

Chuck, how are you doing, I have been real busy with work and haven't had a chance to check the Forum, but it was 63 degrees in St Louis today and it is giving me boating fever.

The boat is in storage right now, but will be back home for the summer in a month or so. Probably too late for the boat show season.

As far as the pieces, I would imagine that they are the same as what is on your 383. The running light socket on the boat has a flip up cover that protects it when the running light is not used. This keeps breaking at the little plastic hinge and then gets lost.

The rubber bumpers on the swim ladder are like real soft rubber plugs that keep the ladder from rattling when it is folded up and stored on the swim platform.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Registered

I had that light thing break on my 312 and I never got around to replacing it. I wonder....is there room inside the boat at that point to install a retracting automated light?
Old 02-20-2004, 08:59 AM

I will have to look again, but on my single engine 271, I do not think so as the back of the motor and transom assemble is in the way. You may have room on twin engine boats.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

There is room on my 311.

I bought one for it, but decided not to do it cause the factory mast is bent at "just the right angle" and casts no glare on the dash. So I never installed it. I did check, though and there was room.

You'll never pull it off on a single unless you go to one side.