bimini top--who's got one? >

bimini top--who's got one?

Notices
Formula

bimini top--who's got one?

Old 02-09-2004, 07:39 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come on now, can any of you see the Great Don running around with a bimini on his boat??????

Poodles!

Old 02-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Registered

How many times have you "caught" me with mine on?

Besides, who had a black (in Florida) custom cockpit cover made?

Next Fourth of July we'll come down and frie eggs and bacon on your cockpit cover.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wll I guess I am Poddle too because I have one on my 311. Although I just having bought the boat I have not put it up yet. Does that count?
Old 02-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Registered

I have one on my 311. It spends most of the time down on the sundeck. It has all the curtains and windsheild pieces, so it is nice to have when you get caught in a surprise storm. Also nice at the beach when it is really hot to catch a break.

I just wish their was a better way to store it. I have to move it every time I need to check something on the engines, which is too frequent.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:15 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Yeah , yeah, I got one too. We usually raft up most days in the summer and the shade is nice when it's really hot.
Only ran with it up three times and two of them it was raining . I have plastic for the front and both plastic and screens for the sides . Overnite I can button it up and be bug free.
I have the rear support poles but almost ALWAYS lay it back on the engine hatch while running.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Banned

Heck, why don't you guys just go with a hardtop and a tuna tower?? It will look just as good.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:22 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Formula Outlaw

Besides, who had a black (in Florida) custom cockpit cover made?

Next Fourth of July we'll come down and frie eggs and bacon on your cockpit cover.
Ah grasshopper, you have much to learn. The only time the cockpit cover will be on is overnight. The moon isn't quite bright enough to bring the temps up enough to fry the eggs.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Registered

I dont have any of the curtains for mine, but I am sure they would be nice in a storm.

Has anyone ever tried to store theirs in the under the engine hatch. I was thinking about doing that with mine by putting the supports to the back. Any suggestions?
Old 02-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Registered

On my 242, the whole thing fit under the hatch which was nice. The mounting tabs were on the inside of the deck so it was narrow. Mine is too wide to stick under the engine hatch, so it is very very seldom on.

And I'll still bet it gets hotter than holy hell in someone's (who shall remain nameless) 302.

p.s. don't do what I did and leave a banana in the cabin, which somehow fell off the counter onto the upholstery, sat in the cabin for two months while at the boatyard and created the single worst mess to clean I've ever attempted on a boat. I got it out, but took over three hours. STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER, had that happened in "someone else's" boat, it may have created the "Formula Syndrome"
Old 02-09-2004, 05:41 PM
Registered

But that black cover does look wicked cool.

Quick Reply: bimini top--who's got one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.