Notices
Formula

Formula Standing Behind What They Sell

Old 05-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formula Standing Behind What They Sell

I bought a 2001 353 fastech in 2002 after putting the boat to use last year a
number of issues arose...(the boat was docked all summer..and cleaned often)
when I pulled her out for winter storage , the graphics on the sides of the boat were peeling and blistering....the out-drives looked like they were 20 years old corroded , gimbals also....This is where they stepped up to the plate for a second time... Formula took the boat back to the factory and repainted the graphics and out-drives..resolved the merc cathode issue........and this was after last summer installing a complete new interior as there was writing bleeding through the material were someone had wrote on the foam side of the vinyl..

I CANT SAY THE SAME FOR MY FRIENDS 38 FOUNTAIN HE HAS HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH..

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY DEALER ALSO
MONROEVILLE MARINE.....DAVE GERBER
Old 05-24-2004, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Formula Standing Behind What They Sell

I know Dave, and his follow up on a potential deal with me on your boat and later, the "Bayport" '03 was just outstanding. A pleasure to talk to...friendly and professional. Formula has already stepped up on my boat for some mild cosmetic detailing, and I have a couple of small issues I should call or e-mail about this season. I too, would like to thank Erickson Marine/ Eric Lundgren in MN. for a flawless transaction and good follow up...even 1200 miles away!! I have wanted to chime in on the whiney Fountain threads..."buy a Formula"...they'll not only answer the phone, but will work with you to keep you a satisfied, loyal customer. The Porters seem to understand how it's done!

Last edited by Rippem; 05-25-2004 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Formula is the best!!

Even though mine is 16 years old Formula has answered all my technical questions. I e-mailed them once with a question about my prop and one of their engineers sent a reply along with the test data on my hull model and recommendations on prop selection. That's the way to do business.

Fountain seems to forget the customer after the purchase. Check all the complaints about poor customer service after the sale. Shamefull.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:06 AM
Registered

Reggie just can't hear the phone ringing with all that gold clanking around.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Formula Standing Behind What They Sell

Formula is the best! I called last week about some vinyl for an eighteen year old boat. I left a message for Darryl in the TAG. Even though they couldn't help me, I had a message on my phone from them. I wish more marine related companies gave a damn about customer service.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Formula has always worked problems out with me, that's why I have owned 5 of them.

John B
Old 05-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also have had nothing but full satisfaction from Formula. Even though my boat is an '89, the people at Formula treat me like I bought a new boat. Great company, great boat, great customer service.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:20 PM

Of course there are always other stories. I have a '99 271 Fastech with a 500EFI, custom ordered and purchased new in May '99. Two months into the first summer, it over heated, low water pickups plugged by junk when beached. The alarm did not work, gauge showed hot but not above 200. I drove the mile home to get it at the dock as it was after dark and we were alone.

Temp sending unit was bad, alarm not working, lots of cost to get "everything checked' which included pulling the motor. Mercury only covered the cost of the alarm (<$10), Formula covered the cost of the sending unit (<$20) , I paid $1000 deductable and had my insurance rates raised.

Obviously the Formula dealer did not check the motor properly and therefore it was not repaired, as it now has 200 hours on it, and in these 200 hours it has burned the number 7 piston, scoured the cylinder walls, blown a head gasket, bent 2 valves, so on and so on. (I am now standing at about $8000 in out of pocket motor repairs, plus two lost summers, thank god for my pontoon with the 70hp Evinrude, it aint pretty but it always runs)

The dealer was dropped by Formula, it was a Chicago suburb based boat shop (name withheld for obvious reasons). Although this proves my original thought that the dealer is the source of my ongoing motor problems, I did not have a good experience with Formula either (they really did nothing).

I am sure that the dealer you work through has as much or more to do with it as Formula.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

it all started months after you bought the boat and you admittedly were responsible for the overheat? Uhh...didn't the alarm horn go off in the "key on" (test) position? did you ever wonder why everybody elses did and yours didn't test (if the alarm horn didn't work) and was this from day of delivery? If it did work, and you had a bad sender that didn't trigger the alarm...yes that's why you have a guage too and check them right? You felt the motor was hot and made the choice to get home on it... Hard time biting off you pissin' on anybody but yourself on this one! First boat??? I can't see where Formula is at all responsible/liable for your ills. Merc might have helped you out of goodwill if you had a good dealer...and alot of the responsibility for feeling that out falls on...you guessed right...YOU.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Rippem,

Just how was it you came up with your screen name?

Quick Reply: Formula Standing Behind What They Sell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.