Fridge Door ..??

Notices
Formula

Fridge Door ..??

Old 06-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Fridge Door ..??

what keeps the Fridge door closed on a 311 ? There is a little bar that is on outside door ....that coupled to fridge door ? Pics ?
Old 06-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fridge Door ..??

Mike, I'm seriously considering taking my fridge completely out. In three years I've never turned it on, hell I don't even know if it works. I always bring a cooler. Guess old habits are hard to break.

Does anyone else use theirs. I suppose Troutly does since he's got the gen set on that new 38 FasTech. Probably has a lighted "disco ball" down in the cabin too.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe it's just held by magnets inside the door seal. I've used mine a few times. Takes a long time to get it cold but once its cold it doesn't take all that much battery to keep it cool.

Dave
Old 06-02-2004, 10:28 AM
Registered

It doesnt stay shut at all ...and there is a arm on the outer cabinet door ..that looks like it could attach to the hole in the upper right outside edge of fridge door ..So every time you open the outside door it would open the fridge ...which doesnt make any sense ..I'll get a pic ..
Old 06-02-2004, 10:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Mike, I'm seriously considering taking my fridge completely out. In three years I've never turned it on, hell I don't even know if it works. I always bring a cooler. Guess old habits are hard to break.

Does anyone else use theirs. I suppose Troutly does since he's got the gen set on that new 38 FasTech. Probably has a lighted "disco ball" down in the cabin too.
Where is that Switch for the Ball ??
Old 06-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offthefront
what keeps the Fridge door closed on a 311 ? There is a little bar that is on outside door ....that coupled to fridge door ? Pics ?
Yep, that's what keeps the door closed. Works fine on mine. The stock fridge is a Norcold, so if you wanted to update the latch system you probably could buy parts. However, my friends boat that uses a lock pin to keep the door closed always flies out, and then you've got alot of beverage lying on the floor all shook up. I think the Formula design is a decent one.