manifold/riser replacement - how hard??

Notices
Formula

manifold/riser replacement - how hard??

Old 06-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: manifold/riser replacement - how hard??

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Some mean lookin' carbs atop those babies.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
My biggest worry is breaking off bolts. Anybody got feedback on what is the best "penetrating" oil to use. Come to think of it I probably should just ask Troutly, I'm sure he has a PHD in "penetrating oils".

PB Bolt Blaster ........keep it wet with it for a cpl of days
Old 06-14-2004, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: manifold/riser replacement - how hard??

Originally Posted by offthefront
PB Bolt Blaster ........keep it wet with it for a cpl of days
Thanks Mike, I'll pick some up tomorrow and "start blastin". I like blastin' things.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:21 PM
Registered

Ok MO you're making me ask. What are those carbs? They look about as nasty as the Keihein CR Smoothbores I ran on my Eliminator.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:50 AM
Registered

Russ .... you have that "Enlargement" Surgery yet ? Summer's 1/3 gone !
Old 07-02-2004, 07:30 AM
Registered

Mike, yes I've had three "enlargement" surgeries, however it appears I have been "shortchanged'.

I had my third a week ago this past Wednesday (June 23rd). This was the one they put me in the tank and shock wave blast me. I was told later by Bon Secours Surgical Center I was blasted six thousand six hundred times, second highest ever by that particular crew. Thursday, due to the general anethesia still being in my system, wasn't too bad. Friday the roof caved in. After seven weeks of Percocetes, all the general anethesia my body had a complete and total drug hangover/breakdown. And because they hit me so many times, the inside of my body felt like a cement mixer had run over me, plus all the throwing up from the drugs. I wanted to die. They warned me I was going to felt like the "mob" worked me over with a baseball bat, that was a joke. I WISHED that was how bad it was. They did, after seven weeks, remove the "stent" that had been inside me. All in all this whole nightmare lasted eight weeks. And that was eight weeks pretty much lost for just about everything. My wife and I have our own kitchen cabinet/cabinet refacing/ffurniture business and luckily we only lost one job. All other customers were MORE than understanding, particularly one Mr. Steven Kepecz, but cash flow disappeared. I wasn't even able to uncover the boat, much less work on it. This weekend is the July 4th races. Big OSO party tonight at the Boathouse, come on down. Races on Sunday. Mike Dodd has gratiously offered OSO brethern to enjoy the races from his balcony to his Holiday Inn on Lido Beach room, which I am planning to do.

The boat project will finally start next week. I'm going to start it myself, and try to do the whole thing. If I get into trouble I know where I can take it, but right now it's really a matter of money. If I wait until I can pay someone else to do it, after being out of work for eight weeks, it'll be next fall before I can even think about it.

Blue Cross/Blue Shield is totally screwing me over on money I've fronted that they are to supposed to repay under my policy. Right now they owe me almost four thousand dollars. I swear they must have a manual twice as thick as the NY phone book as to "why they can't pay the benefits" just yet. First they insisted on "paid receipts". So we sent them computer generated receipts from the various medical people involved, saying "PAID RECEIPT" on them. They were all sent properly with backing paperwork. They came back and asked for my bank statements and I came completely unglued. I asked a manager "if I have a policy that is set to expire say on midnight on Thursday, and you receive my payment on Wed. in the mail will my policy lapse"? "Oh no sir", was her reply, "absolutely not. You will not see any lapse in coverage because your payment was received in time". So I asked her "can you please explain to me why you can, within your system, credit me money I send you in less than 24 hours, yet when it comes to money you owe me, six weeks goes by and I have not received a check yet"? "I'm sorry sir, it's just the way our system is set up". "So in other words you have set your system up to receive but not pay out". So then the ***** asked me very snotty, "well Mr. Snyder, what would you like me to do"? I replied,"how about meeting me halfway between Sarasota and wherever you are so I can reach my hand and arm down your throw and rip your f*#king a$$hole right out of your mouth". Can't imagine why she hung up one me. I hope she at least did a good job of filing her fingernails while talking to me.

The "Mafia" missed out big time. Instead of prositution and gambing or whatever, they should have gotten into insurance, because that is the biggest (except oil companies) rip off in the American Society.

Anyway, the boat project will start next weekend. Silent Thunder coming off. New six inch thru hulls installed, and of course the Eddie Marine exhaust. Right now target date is no later than Memorial Day, but if everything goes smooth (right.......) sooner. I cannot thank Too Old enough. I will never be able to repay the favor he has extended me. It's quite embarassing. It bothers me 24/7 and, among other things, the problems Blue Cross/Blue Shield has caused me. I had to get a Dr. note to keep my power turned on because of "medical emergency". If you see on the news somebody goes beserk in Florida at BC/BS it will be me. 'll keep you posted. Hope you make it down to the Boathouse for tonight's OSO party. Still rooms available for reasonable rates. If you need info, get in touch.
941-544-1375.

How's your boat doing? Russ

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 07-02-2004 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by offthefront
Summer's 1/3 gone !

Summer never ends in the cyberworld!
Old 07-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cuda
Summer never ends in the cyberworld!
OR

South Florida!!!!!!!!

New Years Day 2004!!!

if you look REAAALLLL HARD, you can see Cuda's Rooster Tail, WAYYYYYYY Back there!!!
Attached Thumbnails manifold/riser replacement - how hard??-sar9.jpg  
Old 07-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Registered

Russ ....

I printed that and will have it framed ....Could not have said it better myself ....If we are sitting around BS'in one nite I'll tell ya about Insurance Company's ....Unfortunely I am working this weekend ...Or I would come down ..I have been consumened with getting the boathouse/lift system done over the past month and need a brake ....soon...
Old 07-02-2004, 04:40 PM
Registered

Just let me know when your headed down this way. Russ