Formula

I'm Thinking about buying a Formula

Old 07-30-2004, 02:02 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I'm Thinking about buying a Formula

went to Iboats.com and checked for like $ deals out there. Not a big Fountain guy but seems like a deal.

1999 Formula 312 FASTech 79K

http://www.iboats.com/boats/marine--.../51537-ad.html

Real Clean 357 w/TRS

http://www.iboats.com/boats/marine--.../23879-ad.html

Late model Fountain 32 Fever 65K

http://www.iboats.com/boats/marine--.../43116-ad.html

Last edited by CMG; 07-30-2004 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:54 PM
chriscraft240

Thanks CMG- I'm going to keep my eyes open. I think I'll pass on this one.

Old 07-30-2004, 03:05 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As much as I hate to say this out loud - seasons more over than beginning. Does that make sense? The boats on the market now will be faced with another winters storage, prices will come down.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe you just said that OUT LOUD!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 06:06 PM
Registered

Talking Re: I'm Thinking about buying a Formula

Hello Fellas. I Just Wanted To Add My Two Cents Into This Discussion. I Am An Advid Reader Of The Post, But Rarely Respond Until I See Something That I Feel I Have A Little Bit Of Knowledge On. I Have An 89 Formula 357 With Twin True 600 Horse Power Dynoed Motors. They Were Built By Pat Musi Racing In Carteret Nj. I Was There While The Motors Were Being Dynoed, So I Know It Is Accurate. My Boat Is An 80 Plus One Or Two Mile Per Hour Boat On A Good Day . The Trs Drives , And Bw Trans' Are More Then Capable Of Handling The Power Which I Have, As Any Smart Boat Owner Would Tell You, Do Not Wholeshot The Boat On A Regular Basis. As This Would Cause Problems With Any Drive, Bravo, Knorad, Trs. I Had The Option Of Purchasing Two Different 89 Formulas, One With Bravos, And One With Trs', And I Chose The Trs Boat Over The Bravo Hands Down. The Trs Is A Much More Durable Drive Then The Bravo, And Much Smoother Shifting. If You Have Ever Been In A Boat With Bravos' And Shifted From Forward To Reverse, Then Did The Same Thing In A Boat With Trs' You Would Wonder Why Mercuiser Ever Stopped Making The Trs, There Is No Comparison. As Far As Spending $25,000.00 For Drives And Installation, I Think, Honestly, You Would Have To Be Crazy !!! With $25,000.00 I Could Put My Boat Into The High 80's Low 90's, Rather Then Just A Few Mph Increase With Konrads'. There Are More Parts Available For Trs Drives On Ebay Then You Could Ever Imagine. Within The Past Year I Have Purchased A Spare Right And Left Hand Drive, And Gimble Assembly For Less Then $4,000.00, And Have Enough Spare Parts To Rebuild My Uppers And Lowers Three Times Over. As Far As The 89 With Twin 500 Hp's, I Think The Boat Is A Steal For $60,000.00, And A Beautiful Machine With Sharp Graphics. I Dont Know About Boat Values In The Rest Of The Country, But I Do Know What They Are Worth In Nj, And If This Boat Is As Clean As It Is Supposed To Be, It Is Definitly A Good Price, And I Would Not Steer Away From It Because Of The Trs Drives. It Will Be Many Many Years To Come Before Trs Parts Are Extinct, And By Then I Will Hope To Have Upgraded From An 89 To Something Much Newer. Even Then When I Sell The Boat I Am Sure I Will Be Able To Give The New Owner Many Spare Drive Parts !!!
Old 07-30-2004, 07:25 PM
Banned

I wouldn't be scared to buy it because of the TRS drives. On some boats that they made both with, I look for Bravo because of resale. TRS drives have been around a long time, and were the main option on most performance boats. I think the fact that it has the HP500's makes it worth the price. Factor in the new trailer, and then compare to boats with old 420's and no trailer. I don't think 60k is bad at all if the boat has been well cared for. I'd have the TRS's gone through by a good outdrive person before running it. It's the old pound of prevention thing. Another thing about the parts becoming obsolete. There are so many TRS drives out there, that you can bet someone will tool up to make parts for them. If nobody does, maybe I will.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:58 PM
chriscraft240

You guys are too much!! Just when I'm ready to walk away from this deal,Now its a good thing. I'm making an offer based on your opinions, and my knowledge of what a boat is worth around here. Yes the boat is clean,pretty ya,da,ya,da. The motors are 50 hr 500's TRS drives. Would it be better with bravos? Some say yes, some no, Who cares as long as they run, is the vibe I'm getting. Right? How about 48$ and some change? Anyone?

Old 08-02-2004, 03:09 PM
Banned

Just remember, you can always offer more, but you can't go less.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Registered

chriscraft,

I have a 1994 303 SR-1 for sale in the classified section.
502's with bravo 1's, under 250 hours on original motors. Very clean boat stored indoors year around.
with alum trailer for 65K. Much newer looking than that 89 357.
no disappointments with this boat.
Call my cell if interested 609-462-0264.
Dave
Old 08-10-2004, 11:41 AM
chriscraft240

Toolman- thanks for the offer,nice looking rig, but over the budget, unless I can put it on my Mac-advantage card!!!!! The original 357 I was looking at got sold before I could barter, thanks-everyone.

Quick Reply: I'm Thinking about buying a Formula

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.