wont be long now ....

Notices
Formula

wont be long now ....

Old 11-10-2004, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default wont be long now ....

almost done ...was hoping for this week but looks like next ....
Attached Thumbnails wont be long now ....-resize-dsc00005.jpg   wont be long now ....-resize-dsc00006.jpg   wont be long now ....-resize-dsc00009.jpg  

Old 11-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Registered

Default Re: wont be long now ....

Russ .. check out the wedges ....
Attached Thumbnails wont be long now ....-resize-dsc00011.jpg   wont be long now ....-resize-dsc00012.jpg   wont be long now ....-resize-dsc00013.jpg  

Old 11-10-2004, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, is that what you made up for the exhaust to run through the transom? Looks like a good idea. What are milled from? What did they cost each? You mounting them on the inside or the outside?

Reason I'm asking is I have to have four spacers milled out for my exhaust. Eddie Marine discontinued them and I HAVE to have them. Was just wondering what they might cost me. I'm finding out tmorrow. Visiting a couple of machine shops. Am going to have the spacers milled from aluminum to match the manifolds and risers.

Then all I need is: 2 batteries, relocate (again) my fuel/water seperators, install a slightly smaller fan belt on the starboard motor only, port motor clears fine (?}, receive and install the correct Stainless Marine tips, and finish cleaning the transom. And of course hook up everything. Don't think I'll be ready by this weekend either.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:16 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Off the Front. If those are going btwn your risers and manifolds then I would suggest that you pin them in place. If those things move even just a very little bit then you will get a bad water leak. I am not sure what else you can do other then what you did. If you have a machinist put in like 4 pins into them btwn the holesthen you should be fine. What I am talking about is like what you have on your heads that hold the gasket and head in alignment.

Jon
Old 11-11-2004, 06:27 AM
Registered

those are the wedges for exhaust ....to get an angle back to original holes in transom ....200.00 for the set ....which was a deal ....other prices were 90.00-100.00 each ....solid Aluminum ...you need a shop that has a CNC setup ...very accurate ... we're going to try the flexpipe through the transom with Transom rings and seals ...flappers on the flexpipe ...I'll get some pics when we get it setup ...Got the Valve covers from Fred ...artwork ...
Old 11-11-2004, 06:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Off the Front. If those are going btwn your risers and manifolds then I would suggest that you pin them in place. If those things move even just a very little bit then you will get a bad water leak. I am not sure what else you can do other then what you did. If you have a machinist put in like 4 pins into them btwn the holesthen you should be fine. What I am talking about is like what you have on your heads that hold the gasket and head in alignment.

Jon
water ? there is no water tranfer from EM's to pipes except thru hose to the pipes ...and the water dumps at the end of pipes ...kinda semi dry ... is a good idea though ...
Old 11-11-2004, 09:02 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, we will be in Palatka this weekend if you want to come up sometime.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
Mike, we will be in Palatka this weekend if you want to come up sometime.
Hey Joe .....you guys going to be at Holiday Inn ? You know where you will be friday nite and saturday nite ? I think i got your Cell # ...
Old 11-11-2004, 09:44 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Originally Posted by offthefront
water ? there is no water tranfer from EM's to pipes except thru hose to the pipes ...and the water dumps at the end of pipes ...kinda semi dry ... is a good idea though ...
I know that they do not transfer water like the Merc stock units but I thought that they have the opening for water at the top of the manifold? I know that my Gils are like that. If that is the case water can come in under the gasket (or over) and get into the motors and cause www.badthings.com to happen
Old 11-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

OK now who clicked on my fake link

Jon

Quick Reply: wont be long now ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.