Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
oh shyt!! shattered 382 windshield side panel ?? >

oh shyt!! shattered 382 windshield side panel ??

Notices
Formula

oh shyt!! shattered 382 windshield side panel ??

Old 12-13-2004, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oh shyt!! shattered 382 windshield side panel ??

I was replacing stainless frame on my 382 and broke starboard side glass. anyone have one? I talked with Darrel at Formula and they only sell replacment with frame, etc. (very expensive). everything was going perfect on the replacmnet up until the last hole I had to drill then the big oh ****!! Any ideas..I may have to pull out other side and use for template?

KL
Old 12-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: oh shyt!! shattered 382 windshield side panel ??

Call Dan Fellner at Full Tilt Marine in Maryland

www.fulltiltmarine.com

Tell him Bill said to call
Old 12-13-2004, 03:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Me Too!!!!!!!!!!

I just did exactly the same thing tying to mount to new bimini I bought from Robert.

Shyt is right. What an effing mess: pieces of glass will probably be showing up for months now.

Kevin, maybe we can get a "quantity discount."

Sure seems that we should be able to buy the glass alone, as it's manufactured completely separate from the frame.

Come on T'bird: you can/should make it happen.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:07 PM
Registered

ApachePete, any chance that was your 38 at Todd's???? Infared graphics????
Old 12-13-2004, 04:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
ApachePete, any chance that was your 38 at Todd's???? Infared graphics????
Not me. Mine is Chrome Illusion. With the missing glass.

Where/what's Todd's?
Old 12-13-2004, 06:33 PM
Registered

I lucked out !!! I had scheduled to send boat up to GT Performance shop in Dana Point for some other work ..... He had a side glass for 31 PC it turned out to be the same glass..so they installed it. They said it was a ***** tto install...Good luck on yours Pete...I'm sure Robert will have some ideas.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Same thing happened to us but only on a 27 1 fastech, but we cant find a replacement unless we go all the way out to Florida and we still dont know if we can get a replacement, so im not sure what we are going to do yet, ill have my dad call the full tilt marine place!
Old 12-13-2004, 10:34 PM
Registered

My port front shattered while driving down the highway, was a big mess still have glass jamming up the cabin door. Mine is a 93 271, I called around not to much luck. One price of 2k+ for custom made glass panel or $800 for a plexi. I am not goign to spend 2 for a windshield I might make a Starboad insert? If you get any info please pass it on.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:29 AM
Registered

AP, Todd's is Coastal Marine down here in Nokomis on Buena Vista. I pass by it going in and out of my neighborhood. He had a 382 with Infared graphics on it in last week. Just thought it might be yours.

On the glass issue.....if a template is made, why can't a local glass company make up a replacement? I know of at least 3 glass companies here in Sarasota that with a template could probably make it up. Doesn't make sense to me.

Oh yeah, while screwing plywood to our sliding glass door frame last summer as Hurricane Charlie was about 125 miles away, I shattered one of the panels. What a clusterphuck. Luckily my across the street neighbor had two sheets of plywood left over. I double boarded it reinforced with strapping and duct taped all seams. i actually got it sealed good enough so no wind at all ever came in. Then the best luck, Charlie went inland and missed us, though I still feel bad for all the people who got hit, when it went the wrong way. It went right through where so many people had evacuated to.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
AP, Todd's is Coastal Marine down here in Nokomis on Buena Vista. I pass by it going in and out of my neighborhood. He had a 382 with Infared graphics on it in last week. Just thought it might be yours.

On the glass issue.....if a template is made, why can't a local glass company make up a replacement? I know of at least 3 glass companies here in Sarasota that with a template could probably make it up. Doesn't make sense to me.

Oh yeah, while screwing plywood to our sliding glass door frame last summer as Hurricane Charlie was about 125 miles away, I shattered one of the panels. What a clusterphuck. Luckily my across the street neighbor had two sheets of plywood left over. I double boarded it reinforced with strapping and duct taped all seams. i actually got it sealed good enough so no wind at all ever came in. Then the best luck, Charlie went inland and missed us, though I still feel bad for all the people who got hit, when it went the wrong way. It went right through where so many people had evacuated to.
Todd had my boat at his place 2 years ago for new valve springs and silent choice. Did good work.

Quick Reply: oh shyt!! shattered 382 windshield side panel ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.