Notices
Formula

Formula logo

Old 01-27-2005, 10:17 PM
I'd rather be boating!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formula logo

Hi, I have an '88 f311 and I want to replace the factory F311 SR1 stickers that are on the side near the rear of the windshield with some in a different color than the black and chrome ones. Does anyone know if and where I can get an eps or ai file of those or the bird? If this has been posted before, I appologize. I tried to look but didn't see anything.

Thanks
Adam
Old 01-27-2005, 10:50 PM
Registered

Default Re: Formula logo

I saved the chrome birds when I painted my boat. I just scanned them in and can conver from jpeg to Photoshop or Illustrator for you. They didn't scan very well because there is a lot of "tapering" on all the edges and the chrome is pitted on the one side and the adhesive is partially on the other side.

I'll be glad to email you the files if it will help---let me know. My email is in my profile.

Poorsche
Old 01-28-2005, 05:10 AM
I'd rather be boating!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Poorsche
I saved the chrome birds when I painted my boat. I just scanned them in and can conver from jpeg to Photoshop or Illustrator for you. They didn't scan very well because there is a lot of "tapering" on all the edges and the chrome is pitted on the one side and the adhesive is partially on the other side.

I'll be glad to email you the files if it will help---let me know. My email is in my profile.

Poorsche
Poorsche -

Thanks, I had the same results with my birds. Sitting by my scanner right now. You can send me the files if you want, maybe better than mine. I am really wanting to replace the F-311 SR1 stickers also. Do you know what font those may be in? I will post a pic later today.

adam at admservices . com

Thanks,
Adam
Old 01-28-2005, 07:12 AM
Registered

If you can, take a photo of them close up as you can with a digital cam then download to a computer file. Then you could send as an attachment with an email to any graphic's shop. Then they upload into their computer and can copy it exactly. Works great. Russ
Old 01-28-2005, 09:03 AM
Registered

You can still get the birds from your Formula dealer, but not the silver / black stickers. As Russ said, graphics shops are always an option. I want to do mine over too so please post what you come up with.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

If the stickers are still on the boat, then take a "rubbing". Mask over them with masking tape and use a pencil/crayon or something to make an outline, then put it on paper and you have created a negative to take to a sign shop. The dimensions will be perfect.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Registered

here's the jpeg of my Bird scan, THe AI and EPS files are to big too upload but I'll email them to anyone who wants them.

Poorsche
Attached Thumbnails Formula logo-formulabird2.jpg  
Old 01-28-2005, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I still have a set of stickers for a 311 at home if anyone is interested. I will try to find out what I paid for them when I bought them several years ago.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

tracing paper and an artist's charcoal rub.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedDog382
I think I still have a set of stickers for a 311 at home if anyone is interested. I will try to find out what I paid for them when I bought them several years ago.
I'd be interested ...

Quick Reply: Formula logo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.