Notices
Formula

Silent Thunder Saga: Before and After pix

Old 02-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Silent Thunder Saga: Before and After pix

Well, I have to dissagree.

I prefer the looks of the Formula platform. I even like the square exhuast outlets. It's pure Formula. The square outlets look like a '57 Caddy or something, I just think it's cool.

Plus, I like the "squat". When I see an offshore sitting with its stern low and bow high it just turns me on. Fountain definitely has the whole "squat" thing happening bigtime.

So Outlaw, even though you did a nice job with your platform removal modification, I'll stick with factory stock looks. Just my preference and we each have our own.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Well, I have to dissagree.

I prefer the looks of the Formula platform. I even like the square exhuast outlets. It's pure Formula. The square outlets look like a '57 Caddy or something, I just think it's cool.

Plus, I like the "squat". When I see an offshore sitting with its stern low and bow high it just turns me on. Fountain definitely has the whole "squat" thing happening bigtime.

So Outlaw, even though you did a nice job with your platform removal modification, I'll stick with factory stock looks. Just my preference and we each have our own.

Dave, it's what we all like that makes the world go round. Here's to ya buddy..... Russ
Old 02-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Troutly
Russ, I hear ya (pun intended ). We do a lot of cruising up here on the weekends. Easily 100 to 125 miles. Plus a lot of no wake idling. When we got our 382 the restrictor cones on the Corsa mufflers had been removed. That raised the idle DB to the 94-95 range. The drone from that at cruise was annoying. I like that 87-90 db range. Just loud enough to put a smile on someone's face, yet not too loud to annoy the masses. Of course, we have a lot of folks up here who eat Granola and their definition of high-performance is what ever the latest and greatest is in kayaks...

Mine "droned" at idle speed before, especially reverbarating inside the cabin. All gone now. Cool..... Russ
Old 02-23-2005, 04:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife says she may never get on the boat again, her stubborness issues not mine, so a swim platform probably won't be necessary.
Sounds like she was looking for an excuse to not go out on the boat.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Iggy
Sounds like she was looking for an excuse to not go out on the boat.

Oh she has one all right. She's still beefed about money spent in summer of 03' when we had three major repair bills, the last when the entire rear axle of the trailer broke away at the springs and was lost, literally and of course we had to get that fixed to get the boat out of the water. At that point in time we were aware that she had a dental problem, and as it turns out it was MUCH worse than either of us had a clue about though we did not know that at the time of the boat repairs. So now she has taken the stance that since I spent the money on the boat, rather than her dental work, which again we did not know the full scope i.e., the expense, of said dental work, that I care more about the boat than her, which is of course absurd. We just didn't know at the time, but to her that is meaningless. Then to add to the mix, or mess, whichever it is, the fact of how badly she continues to hold a grudge against the boat. She has actually come out and said out loud, "oh I love boats, I just don't like THAT boat". When I got home Sunday night and told her that I'd wished she'd gone along that I thought she would have really enjoyed the day, she replied "I have such issues with that boat that I will probably never get on it again". I just said "fine by me, your loss".

Deb has a real "stubbornness" problem, she has openly stated that she is aware that she will "cut her nose to spite her face" in certain instances because of her stubborness. It's the cause of deep rooted issues she has with her upbringing, something I cannot resolve.

I just politely told her that if she doesn't want to enjoy the boat, that is certainly her decision to make, however understand it will not dampen my enthusiaism for the boat.

If we end up splitting up, I'm sure the boat will be the "core issue". She has great difficulty in "forgiveness". No matter how much I've tried to apologize or make things right/better, nothing seems to count very much. It's sad and bothers me a lot.

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 02-24-2005 at 07:14 AM.