The Smallest !!!

Notices
Formula

The Smallest !!!

Old 02-23-2005, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Smallest !!!

Yes, I think I have the smallest.....Formula boat! I have a 1984 17' Formula (One). It is equipped with a 4.3L V6, which I am in progress of upgrading to a 5.7L (built already, Vortec Heads, roller cam, etc...). The boat hits 51 already on a good day with 1/2 tank of fuel and a tired V6. Hoping for high 60's with a built 5.7L. Anyway, nobody cares because I don't have at least twin 496's with Bravo XR's, but I am on the water, I am doing upgrades, and I have no idea where the folks with 3 502's get their money! Anyway, just wanted to say hello. It fits in the garage! Seeking 242 with twin 350's if you know one available. The cheaper, the better. Expired engines would be best. Nice board, friendly people. Let the insults begin...
Old 02-23-2005, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: The Smallest !!!

Welcome to the board lots of good info here what does it matter if your the smallest your still on the water.

mark
Old 02-23-2005, 08:00 PM
Banned

Dude, I'd like to have one. I've got an 81 F20 Sc that's not very big. I've also had a 242 with twins, and I still miss that boat. A lot of fun without the headache and fuel bills of my bigger one. Easy to trailer and launch, but big enough to run in some decent seas.
Attached Thumbnails The Smallest !!!-dcp02286.jpg   The Smallest !!!-jgriffport.jpg  
Old 02-23-2005, 08:00 PM
Banned

I plan on getting another 242 with twins before I take that dirt nap.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the jungle. Lets see some pictures!!!!
Old 02-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Registered

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Cuda, I tried to buy your Formula 242 when it was for sale. We spoke on the phone (I'm from MI) but I did not make it down to FL in time and it sold for a reasonable price. I always hear how you miss it, so it must have been a good ride. I bought my Formula for $1050 dollars. The engine and outdrive were in milk crates in the interior. The upper stern drive gears were stripped out from low fluid. New upper gears, bearings I did myself, bought used 4" manifolds, resealed a freeze plug that was push out, and it has run completely flawless for 4 years now, averaging 3 trips out per week all summer long every summer so far. I have under $1600 into it total. It owes me nothing. I hate to pull out a great running motor, but the 350 sounds completely awesome on the test stand. Thanks again. I'll have dumb questions, and appreciate the knowledge.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the Forum SmallPP,

Unfortunately, some people miss the whole point about being on the water. I know a guy who has missed the last two summers because he is waiting to buy the right bits for his boat before he uses it!

When i had a two year break from power boating i bought a 16 foot trailer sailor and learnt to sail. Mugs game but the point is being on the water brings a lot of pleasure whether your on a 40ft offshore rocket or a 10ft inflatable tender.

As you will see from this Forum, nearly all boats are a work in progress cos the reality is if you wait until you can afford the right boat, life will have passed you by.

Anyway you should find tons of useful information here as well as some great people.

How about some pics of your boat then?
Old 02-24-2005, 08:02 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 125 Likes on 64 Posts

I know some people that tease others about their boat size, but most of them are not welcome here. Good Luck with the upgrades. Alot of us don't have the know how that you apparently have.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SmallPP
Anyway, nobody cares because I don't have at least twin 496's with Bravo XR's, .
Hey SmallPP,
Even a second class ride beats a first class walk...don't knock it

And welcome on board

PS And I don't know where I got the money for my 540's (Neither does my wife , thank god)
Old 02-25-2005, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Do you mean chaos?

Originally Posted by R-Don
Welcome to the Forum SmallPP,

I know a guy who has missed the last two summers because he is waiting to buy the right bits for his boat before he uses it!

Quick Reply: The Smallest !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.