Painted boat name removal

Notices
Formula

Painted boat name removal

Old 03-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Painted boat name removal

I agree with you 100% They did a nice job on yours. I am in the process of doing mine right now. Same guy who letters my service vans. They did a nice job on yours! I like the name.

Originally Posted by Troutly
Ohhh, not knocking how nice paint can look. Just a PITA to apply and remove when vinyl is available and looks as good and removal is a breeze.

Be sure to go with a single layer system like Gerber does. It basically takes one sheet of high quality vinyl (3M...hint hint) and applies the colors to it one step at a time by running the vinyl back and forth through it and heating the inks right into it. Makes for an incredible application that last a loooog time. The Gerber cutter, computer, colors, and 3M vinyl is expensive, but well worth it for any shop that does a lot of vinyl.

My buddy owns a shop and did my 382. Those little ridges make it harder to lay it down, but he did the name and splash waves all in one cut/application....

Those systems that layer vinyl on top of vinyl are prone to the edges coming up and tearing much easier.