Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
If you have standing water in the bilge under the cabin step read this... >

If you have standing water in the bilge under the cabin step read this...

Notices
Formula

If you have standing water in the bilge under the cabin step read this...

Old 03-15-2005, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you have standing water in the bilge under the cabin step read this...

This was discussed by several in the other post about the 357 interior, but I thought it was worth starting a new thread.

I received schematics for the 336 from Formula yesterday, and one of the sheets details the drainage system in the boat. It shows that there is indeed a drain path from the bilge under the cabin step back to the bilge in the engine room. The only problem is, I think that the bilge under the step is probably lower than the engine bilge, so any water is going to flow into the cabin bilge, not back to the engine bilge.

The only ways I see to fix this are to plug the drain (probably not a good idea) or install a small pump to keep water out of there. I think I'll call Formula and see what they have to say...
Old 03-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Registered

Default Re: If you have standing water in the bilge under the cabin step read this...

Thanks for the update--I started that post.

I have a pump in that sump under the step--and you're correct--tht area is LOWER than some of the bilge areas and even in the bilge the drain holes between the ribs are extremely small as well so the water flows back to transom very slowly.

Put another way there is water in the forward part of bilge that can weep thru those drain passage-ways to that step when the boat is at rest either in the water or more so on a lift or in dry storage.

I've tried several pumps and sensors and everything I've tried leaves at least 1 inch of water in the damned thing.

To keep it from stinking I put some chlorine in it on a regular basis.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: If you have standing water in the bilge under the cabin step read this...

Look at the way most all Formula go fasts sit in the water...there's nothing lower than the engine bilge .
The only time mine cabin bilge may be lower is on the trailer.

Last edited by mopower; 03-15-2005 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mopower
Look at the way most all Formula go fasts sit in the water...there's nothing lower than the enging bilge .
The only time mine cabin bilge may be lower is on the trailer.
That's true when it's in the water, but the second you raise it on a lift or put it on a trailer guess where the water in the engine bilge is going to go.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Registered

I'm convinced that CO is correct--I didn't have any water in that area when I kept boat in the water--except condensate from A/C. After I installed the Condensator thing from Mermaid Marine A/C that problem went away until I started keeping boat in dry/stack storage.

Last edited by Poorsche; 03-15-2005 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good info, thanks!!

I believe also that it's coming from the engine bay bilge. The only time I get water in that area under the step is when the boat sits level on the trailer. And, I know it's not rain water because I use a full-length, water-proof storage cover whenever the boat is on the trailer.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Registered

Ah, the mysteries of the Universe! I just mopped mine up the other day...
Old 03-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Registered

I always raise the front of the trailer enough so water will flow backward. Water in the cabin sucks.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Registered

I just put a plug in mine, formula actually had a plug that was attachded to a wire that came with the boat. After a while the plug fell apart though. If you plug that hole you won't get any water in there.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:32 PM
Registered

Under the step on my SR357 it looks like there is a small--I mean smaller than a Q-tip--on either sid of the keel area. Are those the holes we're talking about? If so I can't imagine what the plug was like--and I cna't find anything in there that I would call "plug-able".

Would appreciate more information or description--

Thanks

Quick Reply: If you have standing water in the bilge under the cabin step read this...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.